PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 07-17-2007, 05:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
P-38J Lightning 1:33 Halinski

Finally I got my hands on a couple of halinski kits.
I bought two planes from Mike (Shoki) and the package arrived last week
When I opened the P38 book, I was sunned by the silver print that looks extremely good.Too bad that the pics doesn't give the print the credit it deserves.The P38 is an older kit from 1997,so the instructions are not of the 3d type that Halinski and other firms offer theese days.

The kit.

Drawings and formers

Some of the parts

This kit looks so nice that I'm not sure if I ever dare to start it, afraid of messing it up.....
I have not counted the parts yet....but the kit contains 4 pages with parts,3 pages with instructions, and 2 pages with formers.
I'm not sure if there is any canopy available for this bird....so If anyone knows, drop me a note!!
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Bah - you were the one who beat me to this model! I bought the P61 but was too slow to get this. This will probably be a build for me down the road if I can get my hands on a copy. The P38 and P61 have always been my favorite planes. Something about the layout that is just too sexy...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I have had a love for this plane since I was a kid. This is an impressive kit. Hope to see build pix!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
C'mon, start cutting! I would love to see this older kit get built... also that P-61 Dan.

Carl
Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Aviation Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
C'mon, start cutting! I would love to see this older kit get built... also that P-61 Dan.

Carl
Gonna finish the Geebee, then definitely going to the Halinski Spitfire next. My debate on the P61 is whether to cut up the printed version I bought, or buy the downloadable version from Gremir (same model) and fight the wife over using the ink up in her photo printer
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansls1 View Post
Gonna finish the Geebee, then definitely going to the Halinski Spitfire next. My debate on the P61 is whether to cut up the printed version I bought, or buy the downloadable version from Gremir (same model) and fight the wife over using the ink up in her photo printer
Oh, Gremir has two different models - build the kit and then the other one too!! Aren't I helpful?

Carl
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
Oh, Gremir has two different models - build the kit and then the other one too!! Aren't I helpful?

Carl
Very helpful :D
Old 07-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Aviation Moderator

Actually the sad (?) part is that's probably the plan. I'll buy the digital version, print the version that isn't in the magazine copy I've got - then later down the road build the other version. I do love the P61, and I've got an office and a home to display models in...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Go Gremir and you won't want to cut up the printed version. The P-61(s) are beautifully designed models.

<This is an unsolicited endorsement by someone who has just about all of the Gremirs and a few of Mike's personal collection >
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Aviation Moderator

The only thing that would be a turnoff to building a few P61's is the 2 18-cylinder engines per model. I suppose it's not the same level of tedious building as tank tracks - but it'd get old. I think I'd have to do it the same way I am the GeeBee - start the engines with the build and do it alongside, hoping to finish around the time the final build is complete.

I will be buying some of the Gremir models, I'm on a hobby budget and spent about 1/2 of it buying the P61 from his collection
Google Adsense