PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Marek Marathon

Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Ecardmodels new releases April 24 and Marek Marathon contest update

Hello all!
I have many new releases for you today as well as an update on the Marek Marathon contest!

First I want to announce a special model that carries a special meaning to my family. My wifes great great uncle was Joseph Vuillemin. He was the commander of Escadrille 11 and was an Ace in WWI with seven victories. He then went on to become the Commanding in Chief of the entire French Air Force. This is the plane he used while in the Escadrille 11. This is a Kampfflieger designed and repainted Nieuport 11 :
ECardmodels.com Shop

I have also released a much anticipated Dehavilland Sea Vixen! This is a Nobi Contracted Design so you can expect his usual quality! This is a 1/48 scale model:

Steve Bucher also released his Cuadron G4! I know many of you were looking forward to this very unique two engined plane and here it is!
ECardmodels.com Shop

Trent Henry released the next item in his well received line of 1/1 weapons. The Royal Ardnance L85A2. It is one of his most ambitious yet and is well worth taking a look at the fine detail:
ECardmodels.com Shop

Looking for a great ship that also comes with a great helicopter and hovercraft? Look no further! Here is his USS Tarawa LHA-1! This model comes in with 106 sheets of parts - yes, thats right ONE HUNDERD AND SIX sheets. This also includes helicopters and hovercraft to fill the ship with its correct cargo!
ECardmodels.com Shop

Maciek Kat also released a very well done Heavy Equipment Transport (military) in 1/72. Take a look at his other well done military models while you are at it!
ECardmodels.com Shop

Sergey also kept in line with his usual rate of model releases and gave us two offerings in 1:33. A repaint of the ME-109Z in Croatian Livery. He also released a repaint of Marek's P-26 Peashooter in 1/33 with a few detail enhancements.
Peashooter: ECardmodels.com Shop
109: ECardmodels.com Shop

Fitter also gave us a brand new WWI fighter done to his usual high quality standards and attention to detail. Four different liveries are now available for the SE5a!
ECardmodels.com Shop
ECardmodels.com Shop
ECardmodels.com Shop
ECardmodels.com Shop

A quick update on the Marek Marathon Competition:
We currently have a tie for first place between Stefan Wulf and Chris Walas with 2 points each. I know both of them are working on another model as I write this so its going to stay tight! To keep up with the leaderboard just click here:
Marek Marathon Leaderboard!

I have mailed out a total of 69 free models for participants in the competition and hopefully more entries will be rolling in soon! Remember, this is a FREE contest and anyone can build as many Marek Models as they want so long as you take pics of your build for the shop and request another model! To see a complete list of what is available (approx half are still waiting for people to pick them!) click here and just put your name and address in the spreadsheet. It will automatically update the sheet when you click out of the cell. I check this a couple times a day.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...LfDjLABg&hl=en

I have modified the rules a bit so people building more complex models wont get left in the dust by people building simpler models. Here are those changes:
Completed model - 1 point
Each engine more than 1 - .5 point
Each wing more than 1 - .5 point
Each fuselage more than 1 (Me-109Z) - .5 point
Cockpit interior - .5 points if you can see it
Landing Gear with wheel wells - .25
advanced wings (folding or multi segment like corsair) - .25
advanced rigging (biplanes) - .5 if applied (optional)

Remember to email pictures to me at [email protected]!
Thanks!
Chris
ECardmodels.com Shop
ecardmodels.com - Forum - Index