PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Marek Marathon

Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for stopping by, Glen and Douglas. Unfortunately, no work done today on the Shoki, as I am trying to get some models built of the handouts for Army Heritage Day.

Douglas: The green splotches line up reasonably well as Marek designed the model, but I did not get them perfectly aligned myself. Fortunately, the pattern is such that minor misalignments are not visible unless you really look for them. If I get this one done, the next two will not have that problem: the 87th Sentai aircraft is all green and the captured ATAIU version is all natural aluminum.

And at my age, a soft focus is best -- both for me and for my models!

Don
Old 05-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I hear you Don. The "Cybil Sheppard" lens is a kindness some days. I finally finished your book. It was a very interesting and informative read. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hmmm...my devious plan had been to grab one of the other Shokis but I'll defer to your age and rank. There are still plenty of others for me to attempt. Looking mighty shipshape, BTW.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Ron -- Feel free to proceed with your devious plan. I am in this contest for fun and as an incentive to build these Ki-44s that I have had in my files for along time, not to actually win anything. I will be very happy to concede one of the other Shokis to you. Incidentally, I spent my modeling time today building an FG L-4 for display at Army Heritage Day (it is one of the models we will be handing out that day), so once again, there is no Shoki progress to report. At the rate I am going, I will be lucky to have ONE Shoki built within the contest time frame. Fair winds and following seas. Don
Old 05-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Let me also note that I (sadly) will be unable to attend your get-together at Carlisle. My lovely bride and I will be returning to port that morning from a cruise and will not be able to squeeze in a drive to our old stomping grounds the same day. I was so impressed by the "real you" that I have decided to use your image as my avatar. Let's see if Lief can figure who is really who...!! LOL
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Ok, ya'll gotta stop putting your actual pictures of your actual selves as an avatar, lest you force me to finally unleash my dashingly good, lady killer beaut of a face upon the world! Yea, that's gonna happen!

Ray

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
You already did that once, Tex, remember? - Way back in the old Cardmodels.net days.

As you will note it was indeed an unforgettable experience.

-L.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:51 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Wow Leif, you have a better memory than I do! Honestly, I do not remember.
But, alot has changed since then! A few extra pounds, a little less hair, a little more gray in the hair that is left.. you get the idea.

Ray

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Well, I've decided to join the 'post your face as an avatar' craze for a while anyway. This is within 5 years, although the grey has filled in quite a bit more in that time, I look pretty much the same otherwise.
And I'm with Don - I'll be 'throwing my hat' into the Marek build ring (probably later today) - but I just hope to finish the one model honestly. It's not so much a contest for me as it is a challenge to get one built and out there.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:10 AM

I wil make some photos of my interpretation of how to fix the front wing parts (on my LaGG) today. I need to reprint more parts and cut them out (again).

I have been busy arranging for my daughter to live with me and have been busy.

For fun I have change my avatar picture from work picture with make up and wig to everyday picture.
Google Adsense