PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Marek Marathon

Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
YuG, redhorse: Thanks - If you'll build better models faster thanks to my advices here it will be my great pleasure. There's not much left to that thread as I've finished the plane, but I invite you to my next one in Marek Marathon.

Wires. While building the wings I've inserted a length of fishing line (the same I've made wires in the tail) into and out of two particular holes in each wing and knotted the loose ends together so the lines would not slip away. Now I've cut the knots and succesively stretched them between the pegs, after each step gluing them with superglue. Doing so I've made dabbed many spots on the model with the glue - and even glued a stick to the top of the wings when I've inadvertedly put the model on the stick :( I was able mask those spots, though not entirely, with paint, but definitely I warn you to be extremely precise when applying the superglue - The best way I've come up with is to put several drops of glue into indentation in an empty leaf of tablets of medicines, and then apply the glue with a needle. Very precisely and carefully.

Wheels. I glued the circles together, inserted them both on the dremel tool I wrote of earlier and sanded them round - first one pair of sides, them the opposite pair. Then I've applied superglue on the surface of the wheels and lightly sanded them separately. The ready wheels were painted with Pactra A46 matt black acrylic paint. Then I've glued on the wheels the slightly conical sides and glued the wheels on their place.

After painting the wires and final retouche of all the spots that needed it, I've made a short photographic session of the ready model. It was night and I used the flashlight from afar so they are not too good. I'll do better pictures during the day.

This Marek Pacyński's model is completed. Now I will ask Chris to send me another one - there still is a week of the Marathon left so I'm sure I'll be able to finish it on time.

Last edited by lehcyfer; 07-22-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Superb build! Thanks for doing this so well and quickly to boot!
Chris
Old 07-22-2009, 11:04 PM

That is a very well done model! I look forward to seeing the next one -- and I do believe you could finish it in a week!

Cheers!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 PM

The daylight pictures will have to wait to tomorrow.

In the meantime it is now sure that the next model will be RWD-14b "Czapla" (Heron) - a reconnaisance airplane of Polish Air Forces in september 1939.

First I asked for a model of PZL P-24, but it was already taken, so I asked If there are any other Polish planes to choose. When Chris wrote that there is 'Czapla' I was flabbergasted - it was one of my first models built ever (an old Polish plastic kit), almost three decades ago - making it will be a return to childhood dreams of flying in the sky

The model though has 6 pages of parts, as opposed to 3 pages of Morane, and much more small details (2 cockpits, cowling with little dropshaped bulges and so on) I'll be very lucky to make it to the end of the month, especially with all the things that I want to change...
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Design Admin

Awesome! looking forward to it. Please start a new thread though makes it easier to find them in the future!

Also what modifications do you plan on making? I really need minimal changes to the kit as I want the customers to see what they are buying. If you are adding rigging and the like thats fine. If you are changing actual parts or recoloring anything I would have to ask you to not do that. You can of course do another buid modifying whatever you want as well.
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM

I will make a second thread, when there'll be something to show.
I planned to make indentations in the fuselage, similar to the ones in Morane Saulnier, but the skeleton circles are round and I wanted to modify them to the polygonal shape - just as the skeleton circles in Morane were designed - I'd love to see this method in all future Marek Pacyński models of old planes - it looks intimidating, but it's easy as pie to build them and the effect is awesome.

I understand your position. In that case I'll only score the lines from behind :/

EDIT: I looked closer at the circles and in some parts they're polygonal... I'll have to check it thoroughly.
But I'll make a "standard" model so don't be concerned
Old 07-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Design Admin

if you are only going to be applying a differnt technique to the part thats fine to do I just dont want you changing parts like for instance adding an air scoop, putting in a full engine if one wasnt with the kit. kit bashing a new seat etc etc.
Chris
Old 07-25-2009, 12:38 PM

Build thread for "Czapla" is here.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
Construction of the lattice structure on this model is simply extraordinary.
Well done! Work to master.

Orazio
Old 07-25-2009, 01:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I agree with Orazio. This is world-class craftsmanship on a very worthy airplane.

Don
Google Adsense