PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Cris,

If your dad is interested, he is more than welcome to sell the kits at the IPMC in October in Sterling VA

International Paper Modelers Convention for more info
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-14-2013, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hello Friends,

Thank all of you for your interest and support! We hope this is just the beginning of many great things coming in the future.

Fred, yes eventually the store will be in English as well. Until then, you can either send David an email inquiry or open a phone dialog. You can certainly purchase directly from David via PayPal, Check or (I think) Credit Card.

Rick, thank you so much for the invitation! I have passed it along to Dad and encouraged him to register here. I want to come as well

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 AM

Hello Friends,

I wanted to take a moment and explain the difference between the Lasercut sets and the Photoetch sets available on David's eBay site.

For several years HMV offered Photoetch sets on brass sheet. These sets ceased production around 2008 and are no longer manufactured. These sets had the advantage of being extremely durable and the ladders (stairs) were of a one piece construction that while time consuming to bend, yielded a superior finished product as compared to the early Lasercuts which required each tread to be hand placed on the stringer. The Photoetch sets had the disadvantage of being relatively expensive and each part required paint. The sets that David has are the last sets in existence and are collectors items. Not that they are priced that way, his prices are very close to the original German retail.

The Lasercuts are very similar to the old Phototch sets, they have the advantage of being considerably cheaper and on colored paper. However, they can be extremely delicate and require some time and attention in assembly.

Because it takes considerable effort to produce the Lasercut sets, it will be some time before all of the existing catalog has an associated set.

I have relayed to Benjamin the desire for sets for the US Vessels in particular.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Will you be carrying HMV paper?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Greetings,
I was wondering if the SH-60 Seahawk kit will be reprinted and offered sometime in the future?? I have been wanting to get the kit for sometime, and it has been hard to find..
Regards,
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2013, 05:06 AM

Hello Friends,

HMV models are indeed printed on specially formulated paper used exclusively by HMV. It is specifically designed to reduce splitting and increase stability. In addition it is impervious to the effects of aging. Here in Germany, there is tremendous competition amongst the various publishers to develop and produce models on the finest papers. HMV is generally considered the best in this field.

HMV Paper could be added to David's inventory at some point but there would have to be sufficient demand to justify the shipping/stocking cost's.

The SH-60 Seahawk will not be reprinted. However, an H-3 will be made available in at least two liveries as part of the Airwing for the USS ENTERPRISE that will be released in the future. We can expect updates and the first pictures of the development of this massive model in a few months.

Lastly, Benjamin tells me the Lasercut for the USS MAINE will be available as early as September.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-21-2013, 10:28 AM

Hello Friends,

I am saddened that today is the last voyage of the USS ENTERPRISE. Not quite as sad as I was when I watched my ship the USS RANGER get cut up on a TV Documentary, but I guess that day is a ways off. It really is a shame there was no way to turn this vessel into a museum ship.

However, here is a link where Benjamin dicusses the upcoming 1:250 model of the "Big E"

United States Navy

Wishing a pleasant weekend to all,

Cris
Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Torque View Post

HMV Paper could be added to David's inventory at some point but there would have to be sufficient demand to justify the shipping/stocking cost's.
What size is HMV blank paper - A4?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 PM

Hi YB,

Yes of course. That is the international ISO standard.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
Thnx, Cris. I have been unsuccessful in finding an online European source for HMV paper. Can you point me at one (or more?)
Google Adsense