PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hello YB,

The only source is HMV . Hmmm, I see that it along with all of the various generic lasercuts have not been added back into the online catalog yet (you can use the link above in the "Big E" post to have a look if you like)

I have emailed Benjamin to get a price/quantity quote.

You can also ask directly on their Facebook Page (links in first post) or you can also email them directly from the HMV Website.

But, it will be international shipping from Germany. And blank sheets cost as much to ship as lovely models.

When I find out more I will post an update. If there is sufficient interest, the next bulk order we do at the end of the summer will include a ream or two of paper.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-21-2013, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, some A4 HMV paper would be good to have, especially if there is a USA based supplier. Right now I cut down some 9" x 12" card stock I get from https://store.officeworld.com/ to A4 size. The stuff is good but not as purty as the HMV paper.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
I have use Borden & Riley #234 Paris Bleedproof paper (108 lb - 9 x 12 in.) obtained from Dick Blick Art Supplies for some of my "special" A4 electronic models. This is beautiful paper to work with but is pricey (it is, after all, "art" paper.) I use a "matte photo paper" setting when I print and the results are very near published printed model quality. I suspect that the HMV A4 will be just as pricey, if not more so, but I'd like to give it a try... I have to check my stash of HMV models and work up an order - I'm just up the rivers (Elizabeth and James) in Newport News. I appreciate your info and assistance. Feel free to e-mail me directly - oldtroll /at/ verizon /dot/ net.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
Hi Doug and YB,

I honesty cannot recall the price guys. Ben should let me know soon. I think eventually, we will stock all of the HMV models and all of their various generic lasercuts (Railings, Ladders, etc). It will just take some time.

YB, its a small world. I grew up in Chesapeake (and was in fact born at Norfolk General).

Kind Regards,

Cris
Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
No big deal if the supply in unavailable. The stuff I buy is $5.69 USD (as of today) for a pack of 100. I doubt that the HMV paper would be as inexpensive, but it still would be nice to have some. I would have to look at the price of the HMV paper before deciding on purchasing some.

I need to drop the guy a line at the Ebay store and ask that a description of the models and laser cut parts sheets be included in the listing. For now I go to the HMV website to see what is actually included. The Ebay store descriptions provided are just some basic information on the vessels that the models are based on.
Google Adsense
Old 03-10-2014, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.11 MB
Hmv models in US

Hi Cris,

Vacationing in Florida from Canada and spotted the HMV models on Amazon.
Can't wait to get my hands on the Hamburg Diorama.

I admired your model on Flickr and wondered what method you used for the "water". You are a brilliant modeller man!

Norm Carr