PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Bismarck reference books for sale

I am offering two excellent reference books that I used in the building of GPM's Bismarck.

Goralski's paperback, The Battleship Bismarck, has 26 A4-size pages of very detailed oblique line drawings of the ship's details, and a color spread of port and starboard profiles and plan view. Detailed description here: The Battleship Bismarck (Top Drawings): Waldemar Goralski: 9788362878598: Amazon.com: Books

Brower's hardcover, The Battleship Bismarck is from the "Anatomy of the Ship" series and includes 130 pages (10"x10") of detailed line drawings in scale including exterior details and interior plans, and 29 pages of history, detailed photos, and specifications.. My hardcover edition includes a dust cover that folds out into a complete 1/500-scale plan of the ship. It's a beautiful, collectible book. Detailed description here: Battleship Bismarck (Anatomy of the Ship): Jack Brower: 9780851779829: Amazon.com: Books

Both books are in excellent condition--very little wear. Aside from their value as reference for model builders, they are both fascinating and beautiful to look at. (I have way too many books on military history to keep these two.)

The Goralski book includes a color poster. I paid $20.

Brower's is out of print in hardcover. Published price was $65; Amazon has a used one for $150. The paperback sells for $25-$40.

Make me an offer for either or both.
I will consider a trade for similar books on Yamato, Agassiz, or Liberty Ships.

Shipping (to US) will be about $10 for one or both.
I can ship overseas from these US but it would be expensive. These are both European publications; if you're on that side of the Atlantic, you can probably get them more easily for less.
Attached Thumbnails
Bismarck reference books for sale-goralski.jpg.jpg   Bismarck reference books for sale-book-brower.jpg.jpg  
Google Adsense