PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 06-15-2009, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
I've just been through a huge ordeal with our printer (stopped feeding, got replaced, new one won't communicate), so I decided to take your advice and ordered one.

Isaac Asimov
Old 06-15-2009, 07:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
I ordered one too... but it seams that Amazon raised the price up to $191.00 including shipping... Oh well I guess it's still a good deal. I'll let 'ya know how it works once I get it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks like many of us took Carl's advice.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
HP have awesome plotters.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Fed Ex was here!

Well it came today....Very quick delivery considering I chose the slow boat free shipping option Ordered from Amazon on Sunday evening, delivered here Wednesday afternoon.

First impression...What a monster...I had no Idea it was going to be this big! and heavy too... Very solid.

This printer has every bell and whistle that anyone would ever ask for. The test photos that I printed on the supplied sample of photo paper are outstanding! Better than the walmart photo lab that I use on a regular basis. Very impressive, for the price it can't be beat. I would strongly recommend this printer to anyone who is looking for an new or upgraded model.

When hooking it up to the PC, I took the recommended advice and did not use the supplied disk. I downloaded the up-to-date drivers off of the HP website. Everything worked perfect the first time. I just hope that the ink mileage is better than that of my old HP 1400 all in one. My wife will kill me if I have to drop another 60 bucks for ink every month or so...
Google Adsense
Old 06-18-2009, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Yeah! Mine came this afternoon. I was pleased to see that it uses the same inktanks as my previous model, being I still have full and spare inks.

Isaac Asimov
Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Yes, it is always a good idea to get the printer driver online in case there is a newer version with fixes in it.

There should be two different sizes of ink tank available for it. The part that sticks out like a nose is broader on the larger variety. I have only rarely seen them in stores however.

Printer drivers, for any manufacturer are nightmares and almost universally buggy. Not surprisingly those for AIOs are even more so. Typically the developers just grab the basic code which was written at a different development site, and just stick on large tumors of programming. This is part of the reason that the drivers are HUGE (100s of MBs). Another is that they include all kinds of regional and language options of which you will only ever choose 1! And there is NO WAY to purge the pieces that you don't want and therefore take up less disk space. Even those of us that worked with them through development couldn't make this happen.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Anysuggestions on a printer that prints11x17