PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Marketplace

Old 09-15-2022, 11:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
Buying from GPM site

Hi All,

This isn't exactly a marketplace quesion, nothing to buy or sell, but I've been having a really hard time purchasing from the GPM site. I used to be able to buy from them, but I think the payment module they use got upgraded a year or two back. Ever since, my payments seem to get rejected, even though my personal accounts seem to indicate payment was made.

i've tried multiple times using Paypal. Last weekend, I tried using Apple Pay.

Anybody have luck with them and able to tell me how to do it?

This seems to be the same payment system used by Seahorse.pl and I have no trouble with them.

Blog: shipmodeler.wordpress.com
Google Adsense
Old 09-16-2022, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.48 GB
good question as i was going to order this month and was having issues also.
I sent them a message and tried contacting through facebook but no results. Like to know if its safe for credit card or paypal.

I have a few kits that i have my eye on

thanks

Peter
Old 09-16-2022, 04:45 PM

Hi Peter, thanks for chiming in.

Another modeler I know has tried several times to order from them from the U.S. to no avail.

I tried emailing them yesterday translated to Polish and I'm just waiting for a reply.

Hoping someone can tell us some method of ordering from them that works.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Hi Clare,
It’s a while since I ordered with them but it was also a problematic experience.

One thing I recall doing was sending a message to GPM in Polish, I used an App called DeepL which I know translates very accurately, but just keep it short and simple anyway. I think Google Translate would be fine.

I seem to recall strange things would happen with the ‘basket’ or ‘cart’ if I didn’t go through the process in one smooth process. IE, the site wouldn’t remember the contents of the basket when I log back in. Very clunky.

Ultimately though I did make and receive 2 orders. Everything came and it was very well wrapped. I liked using GPM because they have a range of chain, wire and tools that I couldn’t find elsewhere plus they’re pretty reasonable I found, compared to other online shops that sell their own brand as well as others.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:47 AM

Hello Positive, thanks for the advice.

I did write to GPM in Polish, but got no reply.

Then, I checked my Apple Pay transaction and it was gone. Apparently, the payment never completed, and the transaction got cancelled. So, I tried to place the order yet again...

This time, I used Paypal, as I've always done in the past, but this time it seems to have worked! I immediately received emails from GPM indicating that the status was 'paid', which I hadn't gotten before. So, what did I do differently? Nothing!

There is one possibility that it was something I had done, as I recently updated the security on my Paypal account. It is also possible it was something on their end, and that my email got them to take a look and fix the problem.

In any case, I won't really know if everything is okay until I actually receive a package from them in a couple week. Now, it's just wait and see...

Google Adsense
Old 09-19-2022, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I used to order from them on a regular basis, then over the last couple of years have not been able to get an order through on my credit card. Finally gave up and got a couple of the items I really wanted from another vendor. Which is too bad since I feel GPM has the best selection and prices of any vendor. Just don't want to get involved with PayPal.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I placed an order with them yesterday, the payment system has changed since the last time I bought from them. In my first attempt, I tried to pay by CC but it didn't work so I tried again using Paypal, which is found on the "Other" tab in the payment window and it seems to have gone through ok.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 09-30-2022, 02:17 AM

I get the feeling that when their payment system changed, they weren't able to get it going again for some kinds of payments. I tried three times recently. First I tried Paypal which didn't work, then Apple Pay. That SEEMED to work as my account indicated that the transaction was approved. However, the actualy payment never went through.

I email GPM in Polish (Google Translate). Then, I tried Paypal again, and it worked. Later, I got more indications that the order was successful, and finally an email from them saying my order shipped via Polish registered mail. Today, 5 days later, the package shows up – Hooray!

The only thing that I might have done was to somehow enable two-factor authentication. But, in any case, the purchase worked!