PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Maly Modelarz Model Contests > MM Aviation

Old 09-25-2009, 04:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Merry Christmas!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Fantastic! Exactly what I needed. THANK YOU!
Chris
Old 09-25-2009, 04:52 PM

I am looking forward too this build. I just love MM kits with all their little quirks.:DRick
Old 09-25-2009, 04:57 PM

Here is a link to another set of drawings. No interior, but plenty of details (that would help more if you can read Russian)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
Already having problems with my scans. For some reason, no matter what I do, my scans turn green to brown and I don't seem to be able to shift them back to where they belong. Grr. Gotta sort this one out right away!
Chris
Sometimes just adjusting the levels in the scan by picking the white and black points in GIMP will make the colours return to close to the original. I guess in an ideal world all our scanners and printers would have correctly calibrated ICC profiles to stop this happening.

Regards,

Charlie
Google Adsense
Old 09-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
<< duplicate post - sorry about that >>
Old 09-26-2009, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
This is almost more engine then airplane!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Plunging right in on this one, the frame went together well enough and the fit was overall good. The "X"'s mark the sections to be cut out for the cockpit and observer's cabin.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2673.jpg
While that was drying, I decided to destroy the nice, even green I'd finally come up with by using my water-based markers. But the thing I tried on this one that I hadn't before was simply to sprinkle water all over it. I'd noticed the interesting watermarks I had previously inadvertently caused on a few of my builds and I thought it might be worth using as a technique. A seaplane seemed like the perfect subject, so I went for it.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2677.jpg
I like the effect. Not sure how it'll read on a finished model, but with some marker streaking, I think it helps the plain look of this models color. We'll see.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2678.jpg
The first pieces to go on are the fuselage/hull bottom. The fit is abominable. I actually took this frame to the belt sander to get it down to size!

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2679.jpg

The nose skin is two pieces that kinda fit... a little. Klunky. I hope the rest goes a little smoother.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2680.jpg

I am getting curious to see how this one comes together!
Chris
Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Knew it was going along too good to be true. Snag. I knew there was a problem when part 6 of the fuselage skin wasn't long enough to reach between the formers. I sanded down the former between 6 & 7 and added a joiner strip. The real nightmare was part seven, where the observer/gunner sits. This area between parts 6 & 7 really stinks. I finally got them in to place better than I thought I could, but I still wound up with a huge gap between the pieces. I may have may things worse than they were, but this is definitely a design problem.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2681.jpg
If I had come across this kit a couple of years ago, it would be in the trash now, but these days I really enjoy the challenge of overcoming these little problems.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2682.jpg
There wasn't a lot I could do other than print out a page of the kit, cut a slice from another piece, trim it to fit and glue it in. It's not very pretty, but it's better than a huge gap.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2684.jpg

It's a real pity as the rest of the fuselage does go together all right.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2685.jpg
And despite my warped formers, it still came out pretty straight!
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2687.jpg

That's it for today. I hope to start on the central wing/motor/motor mount as a separate assembly to continue the build so that I can also start work on the interiors.
Chris
Old 09-27-2009, 02:19 AM

Wow, I would not have expected it to be THAT bad, but I have to say, that to build a kit like that as well as you are doing, then you are a true master. I can not even notice that a part was grafted in on your finished product, it's just a panel line!. I am loving the water marks and streaking. Very awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the interior!
Google Adsense