PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
His first email praises them, and even compares the new Hawker Typhoon they just released, and says things were much better when I was under Chip's control at FG.

Anyways, moving on:

A luft '46 project, simply labelled HS P.135
Attachment 125612

(People who don't like my models can stop watching now)
I'm so doing a Batman repaint of that model, Luft-46, love those designs.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
oooh i want that henschel
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
The dude's a jerk. Plain and simple. I can honestly say Aaron, that if you hadn't started designing your series of models, I would have probably stopped building models for a long while. Your subjects have kept my interest and have made up a majority of the models I have built in the last year. In fact, the only reason I have built models by others is because they were requested.

Keep doing what you're doing buddy. I too hope you find a job, but not for the reasons the bully listed. Do what makes you happy.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
The Staaken is all done, Came together very nicely too
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-p4160186.jpg   Upcoming models-p4160187.jpg   Upcoming models-p4160188.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
I think you got the color pretty spot on Aaron. It does look like the 2nd photo from this link in the other pancake thread: Vought Aircraft Heritage Foundation Retirees Finish Vought V-173 “Flying Pancake” Following 8-Year Restoration Effort AirSpace

Here is a comparison of the different shades of yellow. To me, it looks like you got close to the yellow used by the USAAC.
Attachment 125595
I think ID Yellow would definitely make it more yellow-ish. Unless you want to go with Lemon Yellow.

We do have to keep in mind that not all printers will reproduce the same shade as intended by the designer, but will be close as possible to it.

Rich,
The white balance from your camera is way off, I did a white balance adjustment in Lightroom. But still can't get a good view of the color from your model since there was not enough light to take the photo. Although it does appear that your printer is getting more reds in the print making the orange(er) tint. Excellent quick effort by the way.
Attachment 125596
3T The pics i took of the model were in poor light and makes the color look worse than it is, but the color in the file is off, i went to the museum and saw the plane first hand and Aarons color is off a bit. The plane is a very bright yellow! The color shows that way on my monitor too and my printer does a good job on color, so I think its just a bit off.....Rich
Upcoming models-100_2836.jpg

Upcoming models-100_2813.jpg
Taken with same camera
Old 04-16-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I just got an email from somebody calling himself a papermodel lover basically telling me my models are crap, worse even than Fiddlersgreen, that I'm single handedly destroying the papermodel hobby, and that the only reason people even buy them is because they feel sorry for me. His words ''I really hope you get a job soon so you'll stop.'' it's thingh like this that make me wonder if it's worth continuing. I soup my heart and soul into each design, working 8 to 10 hours a day trying to figure out the best way to capture the look and feel of each plane without having to resort to formers. I could add formers, but I've never liked them, and never been able to build a model that had them. More importantly, I wouldn't enjoy designing them anymore, because the challenge would be gone. i'm at a crossroads here. if this is how the modelling community really feels, than I will stop.
Aaron don't listen to CRAP like this you design some VERY good models!
I'v built a few of your planes and they are all GREAT! And I know what you mean about sampling colors you get one pixel and if it's off there you go
You keep up the GREAT work my friend and I'll keep buying OddBall models....Richard
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Hei, Sidewinder.
Are you going to share the colored Staaken, please?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Arron:
This is the time when I wish for the Web Police to find out who the A**H**e realy is and throw him in jail. Donot let the SOB's get you down.
My two Cents worth,
MILES Linnabery
anybody computer savy enough to track Arrons mystery slob?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 PM

3T just to show you here is a pic taken with flash on (batteries were low the last time!) along with a foam toy from where i work thats VERY close to the right color....Rich

Upcoming models-100_2888.jpg

also shows my lack of edge coloing!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
3T The pics i took of the model were in poor light and makes the color look worse than it is, but the color in the file is off, i went to the museum and saw the plane first hand and Aarons color is off a bit. The plane is a very bright yellow! The color shows that way on my monitor too and my printer does a good job on color, so I think its just a bit off.....Rich
Taken with same camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
3T just to show you here is a pic taken with flash on (batteries were low the last time!) along with a foam toy from where i work thats VERY close to the right color....Rich

also shows my lack of edge coloing!
Nice shots

Aaron changed the color to a lighter yellow and it has been updated in the Ecard store....get your new copy and check out the new yellow and see if it's better. Oh and the insignias were changed as well.

On a side note, would it be alright to use your pics of the completed model in the kit page of Ecard?