PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 10-07-2017, 07:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Crowe View Post
Vickers Wellesley?

Attachment 305495
I would vote for that as well.Armstrong Whitworth Whitley is another British bomber never done in paper yet it did marvelous amount of good work during WW2 especially in Coastal Command.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I’m heading to the Museum of the USAF tomorrow so let me know if you need any particular aircraft you would like detailed photos of.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
I would vote for that as well.Armstrong Whitworth Whitley is another British bomber never done in paper yet it did marvelous amount of good work during WW2 especially in Coastal Command.
You're gonna find this funny, but I was answering an email requesting the Vickers 161, and I suddenly got the flash "I want to design another Vickers". After wandering around the web and getting lost a few times, I finally settled on the Vickers Wellesley. Then I visited here. Gonna try and make it one of my one day models (Models I design and build myself while working to give my mind a rest from bigger projects and waiting on beta builds).

-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
I’m heading to the Museum of the USAF tomorrow so let me know if you need any particular aircraft you would like detailed photos of.
I've got a list:

-Douglas X-3
-Douglas X-3
-Douglas X-3
-Northrop Tacit Blue (need landing gear and engine intake / exhaust, if possible)
-Scaled Composites Long-EZ "Borealis" (Dunno what it is, but the pictures look cool.
-Chance-Vought/LTV XC-142A
-Bell Helicopter Textron XV-3
-Avro Canada VZ-9AV Avrocar (I've never been able to build the FG version, so I'm thinking of making my own)
-Bell P-59 Airacomet, particularly around the rear of the engines.
-Douglas X-3
-Oh yeah, the Douglas X-3. Particularly if you can get a shot along the aft fuselage, so I can get an idea of the shape

When my flight benefits from work kick in, I'm planning on flying to as many air museums as I can get to on my days off (I get Thursdays and Fridays off). I figure saving a few hundred bucks on airline tickets can translate to a hotel and rental car for a quick overnight trip.

Last edited by murphyaa; 10-07-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
I’ve got the list. I have several photos of the Long EZ on my hard drive at home of the time it was on the floor in the old hanger. Now it’s hanging from the ceiling so harder to get good photos. I’m interested in every aircraft on the list, so this should be relatively easy.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Mr. Murph: I have a suggestion EXTREMELY EASY but necessary for all aviation history enthusiasts: I am referring to the Lockheed U-2C Spyplane. The U-2 you designed sometime ago is not the famous spy plane flown by Francis Gary Powers who was shot down on May 1, 1960 flying near Sverdlovsk in the old Soviet Union, causing an international incident. The U-2 model you have available is the U-2B version. The difference between the B and C models is simple. Just larger engine intakes and a raised section on top of the fuselage. There may be other details but I am sure you can easily incorporate them on your already fantastic model of the U2. Hawk, now Round 2, is injecting a plastic version of the U-2C which is very nice and detailed. You can perhaps find the necessary information from this model. Also, I hope you can incorporate internal formers in order to simplify its construction and make the final model much more rigid and accurate. In the name of all Americans and all aviation and cold war history buffs, I hope you follow my suggestion.
Regards from sunshine state.
RICK.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Aaron's Favorite Colors

Hey Murph!

I immediately thought of you when I saw the two-page spread of USN-USCG transports of the 1950s: R5D-4R, R5D-4, UF-2G, C-118A [similar to the MTS ship I flew to Japan on in 1962], R4D-8, and C-133A.

The cover story is on the Sikorsky S-38, which Swamp Fox and others have modeled and display in the Forum over the years.

Keep 'em flying!

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Model suggestion thread-aahs_journal_62-2_summer_2017_pp-156-7_dayglo.jpg   Model suggestion thread-aahs_journal_62-2_summer_2017_cover_s-38.jpg  
Old 10-25-2017, 08:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Oh! I spy an HU-16 Albatross!. Murph, I have tons of pics of the one here at the museum (that you saw too). And...... It has orange!

The only other model I've seen/had was one that Barry made years ago. It was pretty good, but I don't think he ever released it here. I remember having to email him for it.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
Oh! I spy an HU-16 Albatross!. Murph, I have tons of pics of the one here at the museum (that you saw too). And...... It has orange!

The only other model I've seen/had was one that Barry made years ago. It was pretty good, but I don't think he ever released it here. I remember having to email him for it.
I second the HU-16.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I third the Albatross. Just need to go down to Pima and study theirs for a while. I think it's time for a Pima fundraiser. Plus they just put a P-40 on display.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
And their EC-121 Connie is back out of restoration too!