PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa

This was yesterday, and the sky was cloudless and temp 75, slight wind, and old aircraft flying everywhere...radial engines winding up and sputtering then roaring all around. That my son and I could get a free ride in the Boeing 40 was long anticipated and did not disappoint The Laird is one of only a few of it's type, the red mailplane Stearman is also very rare, but after suffering a total wreck it has been painstakingly rebuilt by it's owner who is a retired airline pilot. The Stearman trainers os WWII vintage are all based here and practice formation manouvers including landing almost simultaneously and wheeling about in the sky. Air traffic control was busy at Felt's Field to maintain order and simple routes were flown even so while Sawyer and I were riding the Stearman formation crossed below us, a spectaclular sight
Attached Thumbnails
Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-stearman-row.jpg   Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-yellow-peril.jpg   Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-larrys-stearman.jpg  
Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 AM

These next pics are the Laird Commercial with it's 1000 hp Wright radial (the Stearmans run a 7 cylinder Continental) And the worlds only flying Boing 40 which has a 9 cylinder Pratt+ Whitney and is LOUD when it spins around
Attached Thumbnails
Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-laird.jpg   Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-40.jpg   Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-40-river.jpg   Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-window-40-freeway.jpg   Neighbor Day, Spokane, Wa-window-40-town.jpg  

Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks and sounds like a great day, Glen! All those old biplanes are wonderful, but especially the Laird, Boeing 40, and Stearman mailplane are especially so.

Don
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Sorry about the typos, I wish I knew how to upload a video, just a couple seconds of the 40 taxiing in....would wish you were there too Don! If you come to this area send me a pm...maybe I could hook you up at least to see the planes that Addison has, including his Waco that is nearly done now and which he plans to put on Edo floats....
Old 06-05-2011, 11:40 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Glen,

best bet is to create an account on youtube and then use the youtube tags to link it here

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense