PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 33.47 MB
IPMS Reno 12th Annual Contest

My local chapter of IPMS is hosting their 12th annual model contest September 10. It hosts over 40 categories of plastic models as well as 5 paper model categories. If you are near Reno a week from Saturday stop by. Free admission. Contest is held on the same weekend as the Balloon Races and is held a block away from the National Championship Air Races. Races start the following week but you can wander on the flight line during the contest to see T-6s, P-51s, Migs and lots of other displays. You can get more information here. Hope to see you there.
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Great! take some pics for those of us that cant be there
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Way to go IPMS Reno! I'm a member of Ga Mtn Modelers waaay over here in the Peach State. Wish I could be there to join you.

I keep encouraging paper modelers to join their local IPMS clubs. They'll learn so much about modeling that they can apply to their paper models.

I get the feeling some think they might get "infected" or, at worse, shunned. It just ain't that way anymore.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I just found the local IPMS chapter and plan on going to the meeting next weekend. Its nice that I don't have to travel far for it.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHSurf View Post
I just found the local IPMS chapter and plan on going to the meeting next weekend. Its nice that I don't have to travel far for it.
Bring your models! Each chapter has a show n tell segment....just like school only more fun.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think I might take my Sulaco build even though it is not complete. Since I do build plastic models on occasion I am sure they will have some great suggestions.

Looking at the local chapter's news letters, it appears they mostly deal with plastic models. I think the Sulaco might spark some interest in paper modeling. Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHSurf View Post
I think I might take my Sulaco build even though it is not complete. Since I do build plastic models on occasion I am sure they will have some great suggestions.

Looking at the local chapter's news letters, it appears they mostly deal with plastic models. I think the Sulaco might spark some interest in paper modeling. Any thoughts on this?
All of the IPMS clubs I know of are plastic based; hence the title, International Plastic Modelers' Society. Of course, there are members who model in different mediums, but paper is a rarity.

I think you will get their attention because the Sulaco is large compared to the Aoshima 1/2400 kit that came out several years ago. I doubt if that kit is even available anymore except on the collector market.

So, have fun and expect raised eyebrows. In reality, the IPMS club is about finding folks who enjoy the same interests as you.

Let me know your impressions!