PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
2012 International Paper Modelers' Convention, Sterling, Virginia, USA

The 15th annual International Paper Modelers' Convention (IPMC) will be held at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Sterling, Virginia, USA, on 20 October 2012.

Although all paper modelers and all paper models are welcome, the theme for the 2012 convention is merchant ships and civilian watercraft.

The website for information on the convention is: International Paper Modelers Convention

Photos and information about previous conventions are at
2011 International Paper Modelers Convention
2010 International Paper Model Convention
2009 International Paper Model Convention
2008 International Paper Model Convention

Here is information about the awards. The primary purpose of the International Paper Models Convention is the enjoyment and promotion of the art and craft of paper model design and building; the sharing of wisdom, tips, and techniques; the trading of stories about the craft and its artisans; and the sharing of camaraderie and good fellowship. Awards are bestowed in that spirit.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE: First, second, and third prizes will be awarded to the models voted "best" by all of the visitors and participants. A small card with a number printed on it will be placed by each model. Every person who walks through the door will be given a ballot to register an opinion as to the model they think is best by whatever criteria they choose.

MERCHANT SHIPS AND CIVILIAN WATERCRAFT MODEL COMPETITION: This is the theme of the 2012 Convention. A panel of judges will assess all models of merchant ships and civilian watercraft. Models will be judged on the basis of artisanship, detailing, distinctiveness of subject matter, and overall appearance.

BEST TABLE DISPLAY: Prizes will be awarded on the basis of eye appeal, enhancement of the appearance of the models displayed, and overall impression.

MOST UNUSUAL MODEL: Eye appeal and artisanship count, of course, but this one is entirely subjective, and one award, with one prize, will be determined by the experienced and inscrutable Awards Committee

AWARDS COMMITTEE SPECIAL AWARDS (ACSAs): The Awards Committee will make a number of awards for categories to be announced at the time of the awards ceremony. These awards are intended to recognize contributions to the paper modeling craft, leavened by good humor and fellowship.

ALAN WHEELER, DON BOOSE, AND JIM MCNALLY
IPMC 2012 AWARDS COMMITTEE
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Already planning!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
2012 International Paper Modelers' Convention

Greetings, all,

The rates and registration form for the 2012 International Paper Modeler's Convention are now posted on the IPMC web site, www.ipmc-info.org. This year, we're offering reduced rates for first-time exhibitors, companions and youngsters. We've pre-reserved all three of the hotel's meeting rooms, and we hope to fill them all with display tables. We look forward to seeing y'all in October!

Peter Ansoff
Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 AM

That's good news, Peter! Lil and I will sign up immediately.

Remember, folks, all paper models are welcome, but the special theme for this year is merchant ships and civil watercraft.

Don
Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 AM

2012 International Paper Modelers' Convention

All,

I forgot to mention that the schedule for this year's IPMC will be basically the same as last year's: setup/icebreaker buffet on Friday afternoon and evening, presentations and public displays on Saturday, dinner/auction on Saturday evening, and business meeting on Sunday morning. We'll have a tentative schedule up on the web site shortly.

Also, Don has already discovered that the hotel does not have us in their reservation system yet. We'll get that fixed as soon as possible.

Peter Ansoff
Google Adsense
Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Last year, my first time, was such great fun. I can't wait for the next one. I put in on my calendar 3 months ago. A great bunch of people.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
I HAVE to be in this event...

Have to...

have to...

have to...
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 AM

It would give many of us great pleasure to see you in person, Gerardo.

Don
Old 03-03-2012, 12:53 PM

International Paper Modelers' Convention 2012 Update

All,

Plans for the 2012 IPMC in Sterling, Virginia (right down the road from Washington Dulles International Airport) are well in hand. The registration form and a tentative schedule are up on the convention web site at www.ipmc-info.org. Also, for those attending from out of town, the Hampton Inn has set up a special web page for us for room reservations:

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/W/WASDUHX-IPM-20121019/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

There were some initial problems with the reservation site, but I tried it myself the other day and it worked fine.

The basic format will be the same as in previous years: setup and an icebreaker buffet on Friday evening, presentations on Saturday morning, exhibits open to the public on Saturday, and dinner/awards/auction on Saturday evening. This year, we're offering a special introductory rate for first-time exhibitors -- details are on the registration form. We look forward to seeing everyone in October!

Peter Ansoff
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Plane tickets are bought, reservations are made. Just need to do the table thing.

I am planning on staying through Sunday, and taking in the Udvar Hazy museum. Anyone is welcome to go and enjoy the exhibits!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense