PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 09-13-2008, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Thank you, Rick!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Well, last night I checked my calendar and for now the 1st is still open.
That's good news by itself, but even better than that, I got the green light from the my better half! So, Hopefully if all goes well and nothing more important pops up, I will be able to attend the days events. I really look forward to finally meeting all of you in person.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.41 GB
I just registered at the hotel (Today, September 18, 2008) for the convention, and got the $69 per night special convention rate, with no problem. Just tell them at each point that you are registering for the International Paper Modelers Convention, and they can bring it up on their computers. Look forward to seeing everyone. BTW, we will be having a "People's Choice" award competition, so bring your best and flashiest stuff for display.

Alan
Old 09-25-2008, 04:48 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Just got this from Peter Heesch

Quote:
Hi All,
37 days and counting (but who is counting?)

I apologize for not getting this update out sooner, but the government's end of fiscal year is really playing havoc with my free time.

I wanted to respond to a number of concerns voiced by a few individuals:
1. Thank you for the information on the rooms - I talked with the manager and she was concerned that corporate headquarters was not showing the same room rate ($69) that you could get directly - when I talked to her a few days ago, we had used up half (5 of 10) of the reserved rooms but that I could get more if we filled all ten. Please let me know if anyone is told that you cannot get the room rate any more. Telephone number at the hotel is 703-537-7800.

2. Directions to the hotel - sorry that I haven't given these sooner, but figured that no one would be scouting out so I had time to get them out - if you get on the Dulles Toll Road going East or West, exit at route 28 and head north - I believe that it is the second exit (no numbers) but you can see the hotel on the corner. I'll drive out there this weekend and get better directions. The address is 22770 Holiday Park Drive, Sterling, VA 20166 in case you want to check on the Internet.

3. Table size -- the tables are six feet by 30 inches and they can get as many as we need -- straight from the manager.

4. We have heard from a number of folks and I'll get an updated attendance list from Peter Ansoff for the next update. Unfortunately David Okamura will not be able to attend because of pressing family health issues which have him strapped and Tony Cole has indicated that he will not be able to attend. I still have not heard from Bob Freidus, Peter Vesser, Matt Bergstrom, Peter Zorn or David Toor, so if you can contact them please do so.

5. We have received requests for pricing for spouses, significant others, straphangers etc and children. I have not had time to discuss this with the board of advisors, but feel confident that we would like to encourage these important folks to attend with us so:
Convention fee of $15.00 covers whole family.
Friday sandwiches will be $15.00 for spouses and $10.00 for children
Saturday buffet will be $30.00 for spouses and $20.00 for children

6. If more folks would prefer something other than what I mentioned last time and have not already sent in their request, I am attaching a copy of the flyer. Please send in your menu choices and I'll retabulate to see if enough folks have different ideas to change the menu.

7. We will have Internet access, so I hope that we will be able to broadcast from the convention floor like last time. Those who coordinated it last time (Rick I think) are asked to do so again. Thanks.

Well, that's it until the next update. If you have questions please let me know and I'll get answers and share them with the others.
Pete
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 10-26-2008, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Just a week away! Can't wait.
Google Adsense
Old 10-26-2008, 10:27 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Kevin,

I know what you mean, I am looking forward to it
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Like a number of members, I need more advance notice for a trip like this. Any way we could get a "heads up!" earlier?
Lep
Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

I will bring it up at the business meeting, and hopefully we can be more thorough in our convention "spam"

I will take some of the blame on that, I have been very busy with my job, and dropped the ball

Rick

Last edited by rickstef; 10-26-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I look forward to seeing you all there. I had hoped to bring some new models, but I've been snowed under with teaching and writing suspenses and haven't had the chance to do any model building since I got back from the Israel trip. Nonetheless, it will be nice to see all of your models.

Don
Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Don, bring what you have completed
Google Adsense

Tags
2008 ipmc, dulles, paper model convention