PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 05-06-2012, 06:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
That's a nice app indeed. And some nice planes. The French and British had some great experimental planes in those days. Those two Leducs sure are in my top 10 of weirdest looking planes, IMHO. And like the major already said, good material for models. That Leduc 0.22 looks quite like E.P. Jacobs' Swordfish aircraft. (of which I also would still like to see a model occur one day..)
I have one, I'll try to find the link
Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 AM

here is the link
http://ph3dm.maquettes-papier.net/in...ck-et-Mortimer
by the way that site has many nice modeles, it is a french forum I just discovered.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
at one time, the museum had a Vautour medium bomber that I photographed in detail. In fact, I still have all the photos and slides from Le Bourget that I took over 30 years ago.

So, what was the deal with the Nord? It appears to have been launched piggyback. The Trident was one of my favorites, too!

thanks for posting these, Billy.

You know, we Americans tend to brag about how great it is to live here, and it is a good life. But, it takes DAYS to get anywhere! You have the luxury of all the best that Europe has to offer and all of it within easy range compared to the US. And, the food, wine, beer......oh, I'd better stop!

My oldest son is in the US Navy and has a specialty that will soon take him to Europe on a frequent basis. I can't wait. What a great excuse to go visit him! And, my passport is CURRENT!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 PM

If anybody wants a SNCASO SO9000 in cardmodel form, Anwer published a kit recently.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Hello Major,
The Nord Griffon had a turbojet engine mounted inside the ramjet, it took of on it's own power, the turbojet ignited the ramjet
The Leduc's 010 and 016 were air launched and could ignite the ramjet at 200mph
The Leduc's 021 had a turbo jet engine to ignite the ramjet, but was air launched , The 022 (the one in the museum) had an stronger turbojet inside the ramjet and could take off on it's own power
The Trident had wingtip turbojets and a rocket engine, and yes, the Answer model is very nice, metallic print, nice detail, I have it
Google Adsense
Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
I was there due to a happy accident last weekend during my holidays, it's really a fascinating museum! The collection is really huge, and the single pieces have more space than in other exhibitions I could visit.

They also have an engine gondola of a german WWI-Zeppelin, one of a successor of the p-Type I built. Unfortunately I had not enough memory for my camera to take pictures from every detail of interest, so I'll have to go there once more in the future... ;-)

It's really worth a visit!

Thorsten
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
That looks interesting !

As you may know I prefer architectural models but you may not know I know almost nothing about 'planes. This doesn't stop me from visiting museums.

I would recommend the following.

The RAF museum in Hendon - It's a short train ride from London.

Duxford - the plane museum belonging to the Imperial War Museum - about 45 minutes from London by car.

The Deutsche Museum in Munich - they have a great museum that has good exhibitions on a wide variety of subjects. For example it has a whole gallery devoted to bridges!

Cheers
Mike