PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.06 GB
Thanks for the comments everyone, it was a great weekend. Paul i overheard someone saying that the stormtroopers were actually an American Airforce C-130 crew, I don't know if this is correct but they definately had an American accent.
Has anyone ever tried the flight simulator pods they have dotted around airshows? we went in the Red Arrows one and it was fantastic, the wife came out a lovely shade of green:p
Best wishes
Mick
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Mick they used to have and might still have at Duxford a simulator of a Mossie on the Amiens Raid! I'm guessing you might like that:D
Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
The stormtroopers are from a filming studio, in the photo of them in my Waddington thread, you can see a guy in a black 't' shirt with a HH badge on it. The troopers have the same badge on them. The guy in black had a studio logo on the back of his shirt, can't remember what it was though.

Anyone going to Windermere air show this weekend (25th july) or Cosby, Leicestershire airshow(5th sept).
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up Oh very very nice

Mick....Mick....Mick You own the same camera as myself but you got to point yours at those beautiful ladies of the sky, and you did a DAMN GOOD JOB ! My hairs stood up on my neck just looking at the 52's because i know what they sound like and with that sound in my head and your beautiful photographs.... I was there, almost emotional because i know you thought of me when you were taking them Did it go through your head "oh if only Pete and Phil were here" we would have been like big kids in a big playing field with all those aircraft. You, my friend have just taken us all to an AIRSHOW, and i cant thank you enough - You are a DAMN GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER, especially seeing as that was your first shoot with your new one.. they're good camera's aren't they ? Oh and bye the way... you are very very very BLESSED to have been up close and personal with a BUFF :D The others were great too... but, well i'm a 52 addict i think you know Cheers mate.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.06 GB
Pete, my old mate, i thought of you on Sunday when we heard the roar from the campsite, but only got a glimpse as she was lower than the tree line:(, but she swung around and literally came right over our heads, we had our own personal rain shelter for a tenth of a second:D
Paul thanks for the info on the Stormtroopers, and i will be looking in to the airshows you mentioned
Night night all, early start in the morning, catch up tommorow
Best wishes
Mick
Old 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe View Post
Pete, my old mate, i thought of you on Sunday when we heard the roar from the campsite, but only got a glimpse as she was lower than the tree line:(, but she swung around and literally came right over our heads, we had our own personal rain shelter for a tenth of a second:D
Mick
WOW ! you must have been so thrilled mate - What a RUSH.............:D
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Awesome pics, Mick. Dispite the weather, it sounds like you had a weekend to be envious of. I'm really hoping I can hit the airshow circuit next year in a serious way. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing thses great pics, mate.

My galleries