PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 07-24-2021, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Supporting Museums

This past week we (Design Group Alpha) made donations to the Piper Aviation Museum in Lock Haven, PA and to the Canadian Museum of Flight in Langley, BC.

This past year has been extraordinarily difficult for Aviation Museums. Normal years have them struggling to get by. Not being able to rent out their facilities for events, and by having their public hours limited or curtailed, has made things very hard.

Design Group Alpha donates all of the money we collect from model sales to Aviation Museums, we are seeing that they are especially happy to get these funds this year. Please do your part to support these resources.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
This is awesome Jim! I love that you guys are finding ways to support the museums. Having worked at an aviation museum for a few years, I saw the impact that donations if and small can have. Many, if not most aviation museums are non-profit. I know the museum here in town was hit pretty hard and struggled not to let anyone go. Thankfully things have turned around here and have started to get crowds there again. Having an F-117 and a Mig-23 come into the collection in the span of two months certainly helps.

Thanks for doing what you do Jim and all of the DGA crew.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Glad to see someone helping out museums. I've been soapboxing on this for several years when I saw how many auto and farm museums I'd been to were closing their doors.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
It’s great that you’ve been able to organize this level of support. These small museums contain a treasure trove of physical and historical reference materials. In my research projects I’ve managed to find lots of helpful assistance and documentation.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Thank you all for your support of our mission.

We have always donated everything we received to Aviation Museums. So when you purchase a Design Group Alpha model, you are donating to museums