PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 10-30-2022, 08:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.03 MB
Thanks for the video - it was fun to watch :-)
Old 10-30-2022, 09:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I hope everyone had a great time this year.
I wish I could have been there.
So, was this the 24th or 25th anniversary?

Murph...thank you for providing some video of the event.
It surprises me that more won't do this. nudge nudge
lol I've been there, its not like there isn't time and opportunity!

But, I have to say, your video was hard to watch.
You dart all over the place without stopping long enough to allow us to see things.
And it was disappointing not to see names and faces at each table.
You need to give the artist's some face-time!
Maybe you could work on those things in the future.

Regardless, I still appreciate the effort to give us something.
Once again, thank you Murph.

Last time I was there, was 2018...can't believe its been that long already!

I don't know whether I will be able to attend another event.
With rising costs and these ridiculous fuel prices...not to mention the Border hassles I incur.
And then theres the Hotel prices and what I end up spending at the Gift Shops!

Never say never right?
It would be nice to attend a fourth time, but I can't say it will happen again...
so I'm relying on Murph to bring us more videos!

Anyway, I hope all had a good time and every one survived the auction.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I spent most of my time at my table peddling estate wares. I had what I think was a good day. I managed to disperse about 8 boxes of stuff I couldn't sell, many to neophytes entering the hobby (yay).

I also managed to find homes for about ten A3 sized boxes worth of models. I'm sure the estate executor will be nicely surprised by the results. Thanks to all of the folks who took advantage and bought items from the estate, an especially big thanks to Ann McCombs who liberated a very large portion of the armor offerings. Now that she has retired, she has plenty of projects to keep her busy forever.

Photos to be posted later as my internet connection is poor at the moment...

Greg
Old 10-30-2022, 10:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
Here is the memorial table set up for Rick.
Thank you to everyone who contributed:
Peter Ansoff, Don and Lil Boose, Bob Delpizzo, Don Weeks, Matt Vance, Daniel Smith, Anne McCombs, Aaron Murphy, Noe Teakell (3, including a 1/240 scale!), Scot Reinman, and myself.
Special thanks to Mike Bauer for his effort to try and get his model all the way from Alaska.
Attachment 482833
Love the memorial to Rick.

Wyvern
Old 10-30-2022, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I took a video of the tables that were setup at 9:30 and posted it on my YouTube channel

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for taking the time to produce the video. Great to see the work and some of the members.

Master builders doing what they are good at!

Thank you!

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2022, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Airdave, I took my video before the public opening so I didn't have to dodge and weave around people. I believe Jack Colin took a better video during the actual showing.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:13 PM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Thanks Murphyaa for the video.
One of the fascinating/puzzling things I noticed was this model almost seven minutes into the video. Can you tell me the name of the builder? And what it is?
Thanks,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
International Paper Modelers' Convention 2022-walkthrough-murphyaa.jpg  
Old 10-30-2022, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
That was one of Jack Colin's models. No idea what it is.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
That looks like Uhu's model of the Japanese anime sub/drill mole, thingy.
'Gotengo'
#047「gotengo」ペーパークラフト: uhu02 ペーパークラフト

Old 10-30-2022, 02:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
As one of the judges for the IPMC, it is my solemn duty to announce the winners of this year’s show. The other judges were Col. Don Boose and Linda Kemp, and we duly considered the candidates for each category and then made up some awards out of our heads, as is traditional. Many thanks to Peter Heesch and Greg Perry for supplying the prizes, which were all paper model kits. The awards:

Special Award for Taking Modeling Into the Future: the students of Stuart Hall, who returned with their model of downtown Staunton, VA, as well as a nice variety of other subjects. Their prize was two kits of flying critters, including “Bird Mobiles” and “Posing Parrots” (or something like that). Each book contained several models, so there should be at least one model per student.

Special Award for organizing the Rick Steffers Tribute: Ray Smith (Texman) and Peter Ansoff. Ray got a kit of a Jeep Wrangler, although since it is a Russian kit we’re not quite sure how accurate it will be. Peter, due to his fondness for the study of flags and history, got a kit for a diorama of a crowd scene during the French Revolution. There must be someone waving a flag somewhere in there.

Special Award for Engineering Excellence: Karol Budniak, who brought his work-in-progress of a very detailed model of a dredging vessel. The award also recognized him for longest distance traveled, since he came to the convention from Poland.

The “Silk Purse From A Sow’s Ear” Award: Endowed and selected by Greg Perry, this award recognizes the best build of a kit with deficiencies, such as poor-quality paper, bad fit, incomprehensible instructions, and so on. Karol Budniak was the winner for his fine build of an early Mały Modelarz Grumman F4F Wildcat with horrible paper. Sorry, Greg will have to fill in what he gave as a prize; I missed it.

Most Unusual Model: Bob Delpizzo won for his monster kaiju iguana laying waste to a squad of green Army men. His prize was an unusual model of Moai statues on Easter Island.

Best Table: Don Weeks won for his well-organized display of a variety of subjects, including fantasy armor from Warhammer and “Girls Und Panzer.” His prize was a model of a Tornado airplane in German markings.

Theme Awards. This year’s theme was “The Sea — In, On, Under, or Beside the Sea.”. There were many fine models and tables relating to the theme, so these were tough choices.

In years past, we have given an award for “Creative Misinterpretation of the Theme,” but this time around that title didn’t seem quite right. We awarded “Creative Interpretation of the Theme” to Matt Vance for his huge model of a Blue Whale. The award was three models of tiny WWII aircraft, the Messerschmitt Komet, Bachem Natter, and Kugisho Ohka.

The Theme Award went to Jack Colin for his entire table, mostly of finely detailed ships but with some other whimsical nautical touches. He got a vary detailed kit of the IJN “Fuso” ship.

Finally, the People’s Choice went to Tyler Hufley for his amazing original design Grumman Goose airplane, with motorized propellers, operating lights, moving control surfaces, and many other astonishing working details. His prize was a kit with two WWI airplanes, an Anatra taking on a Fokker E III.

NEXT YEAR’s theme was announced: the 2023 IPMC will be brought to you by the letter “A.” Imaginative interpretations are invited and encouraged.
Google Adsense