PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 07-29-2023, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Peter

If all goes to well, I would like to plan to participate this year.

Off hand, would you or anyone know of a decent RV park nearby ( within 30 minutes or so )? I would like to combine this into another trip and I am traveling in my travel trailer.

Thanks

Isaac
Old 07-29-2023, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Isaac - It looks like the nearest one is Lake Fairfax Park: Lake Fairfax Park - Reston, Virginia - RV LIFE Campground Reviews

It's about 20 minutes away if the traffic isn't too bad.
Google Maps

I've never been there myself, so I can't tell you anything about it.

Don
Old 07-29-2023, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Isaac - It looks like the nearest one is Lake Fairfax Park: Lake Fairfax Park - Reston, Virginia - RV LIFE Campground Reviews

It's about 20 minutes away if the traffic isn't too bad.
Google Maps

I've never been there myself, so I can't tell you anything about it.

Don

Thanks Don. I noticed they have electricity only. No water or dump station hook up. But for a couple of days, it may be OK I will call them during the day . I will need to see if there is another site with full hook up.

also, I hope they are open in October

Isaac

Last edited by Isaac; 07-29-2023 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 05:03 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I have uploaded the registration files into the download section. Let me know of any issues.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 08-31-2023, 06:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Unfortunately I will be absent this year as my vacation was limited by starting a new job with prorated vacation time. In addition, I am limiting myself to about one trip back east a year and this year it is for a music festival in September.

But fear not, a care package has been sent containing three potential prizes for the annual Sow's Ear award, along with several other items to be used as additional prize and auction fodder.

Ray Smith and Jack Colin have been enlisted as co-judges for the Sow's Ear award, so attendees can lobby them for consideration in my absence. (Yes the prizes are worth it).

Greg
Old 08-31-2023, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
We'll miss you, Greg! Thanks for the package --it looks like there are some real goodies in there.
Old 09-21-2023, 01:54 PM

Hello fellow paper modelers,

Here is some updated info about the 2023 IPMC, which is now just over a month away:

1. If you’ve already signed up for the convention, thanks and we’ll see you in October! You should have received a confirmation email from me. If you haven't signed up and plan to attend, please send me your reservation information by email (preferred) or snail mail as soon as possible. IF YOU EMAIL, PLEASE INCLUDE MY PARTNER-IN-CRIME, PETER HEESCH, AS A “CC”. I’ll post attaching a revised version of the registration form that has his email address along with mine. You don’t actually need to email the form itself – all we really need is your name, companion(s) name(s) if any, and whether you and/or your companion(s) will be joining us for the Friday evening icebreaker and/or the Saturday banquet dinner. IF YOU SEND YOUR FORM WITH YOUR CHECK IN THE SNAIL MAIL, PLEASE SEND A ME AND PETER H. A QUICK EMAIL WITH THAT SAME INFORMATION. You can also pay when you arrive at the convention, of course.

The reason for all this is that I will be on travel between 13 and 24 October, and I’m not sure about having email access during that time. We’ll need to provide the final meal headcounts and the final table layout to the hotel before I get back, and Pete H. will handle any last-minute updates.

2. Our guaranteed hotel “room lock” at the Hampton Inn ends TUESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER (one month before the convention). After that, you still *might* be able to reserve a room at the convention rate, but it won’t be guaranteed. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT ATTENDING AND STAYING AT THE HAMPTON INN, PLEASE MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION ASAP – you can do it online or by phone and you can always cancel it later if things don’t work out. Reservation information is on the registration form. Also: If you try to reserve before the 26th and they tell you that the IPMC room block is filled, email me and Pete H. right away. The hotel has been pretty good about giving us additional rooms and we should be able to take care of that for you.

We’re looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Old 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM

Greetings all,

The IPMC is fast approaching, and we'll need to give the hotel our final meal and table counts soon. IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND AND YOU HAVEN'T REGISTERED YET, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND PETER HEESCH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Email addresses are on the registration form in the download section. All we need to know are 1) the number of tables you want to reserve, 2) if you want to join us for either or both of the dinners, 3) The "handle" (if any) that you want below your name on your badge. You can pay when you get there.

See y'all in a couple of weeks!
Old 10-19-2023, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 705.2 KB
I created a new free download model for the upcoming convention on the IPMC website. In keeping with this year's theme, its an Acrobatic Aardvark & Anteater Action Toy that is easy to build: https://www.ipmc-info.org/IMPC-Aardvark.pdf
See you next week!
Old 10-23-2023, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ansoff View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that we're locked in for the next IPMC on 27-28 October 2023. The location and format will be basically the same as the 2022 convention. The display area rental prices will increase slightly, but I'm hoping that we can keep the registration cost the same as it was in 2022. Also, the hotel will be including a couple of "shoulder" reservations in the room block, so that you'll be able to reserve a room for Thursday and/or Sunday at the conference rate (this was an issue in 2022).

More to follow, but mark your calendars in the meantime!

CSF&G,

Peter A.
Just a quick question, is there a charge for admission? I'll be in the vicinity if we're driving down to Vienna VA to visit my sister that weekend, and might drop by.
Google Adsense