PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 11-11-2023, 09:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
International Paper Modelers' Convention 2024

It was great to see everyone at the IPMC last month. After some discussion with the hotel folks, we've penciled in 25-26 October 2024 for next year's IPMC, with substantially the same format as this year. If all goes well we'll have the contracts signed in the next week or so. Mark your calendar and stand by for details!

CSF&G, Peter A.
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2023, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Thanks Peter!

Bob
Old 04-22-2024, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
Greetings, Fellow Paper Modelers!

The 26th annual International Paper Modelers’ Convention will be on Friday and Saturday, 25-26 October 2024, at our usual location: The Hampton Inn and Suites in Sterling, Virginia, USA. We’ll have customary the icebreaker soup-and-sandwich buffet on Friday evening during the setup period, and we’ll exhibit our models to the public from 10 to 4 on Saturday. Saturday evening will feature the buffet dinner, followed by awards and the ever-popular auction, at the Holiday Inn down the street.

I've uploaded the registration form and tentative schedule to the download section and they should be available shortly. As always, you can send me the form now (email or snail mail) and pay when you arrive at the convention. Note that there’s an optional space on the registration form for your “screen name” for members of the forum, (or any other affiliation that you’d like to have on your name badge). If you're on my contact list, you should have received an email today with the forms as attachments and other details.

As usual, the Hampton Inn has a special web page for IPMC attendees to make room reservations at the group rate, and you can also reserve by ‘phone – the reservation URL and contact information are on the registration form. Also as usual, we’ll have the auction on Saturday evening to raise funds for future conventions. If you have kits or related items in your “stash” that you’d like to donate to the auction, you can either bring them with you or mail them to me in advance. My address is at the bottom of the registration form.

As previously announced, this year’s Special Award theme will be “RECORD SETTERS”. The award will go to best model of the biggest, smallest, fastest, or whatever-est. As usual, we can expect some imaginative interpretations of the theme!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in October!

CSF&G,

Peter Ansoff
Old 04-22-2024, 07:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Thanks for the heads-up! Since Halloween is not on this weekend, it looks like I will finally be able to attend a convention.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I'm not sure if I'll make it this year. I just had to buy a car, and still have to figure out how that's going to affect my finances.
Google Adsense