PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Paper Modelers wanted at IPMS Regional in May, '11 in Upstate NY

My name is Nick Filippone and I am the Convention Chairman for the IPMS Region I Regional Convention and Contest (Noreastcon 40). It will be held in Schoharie, New York, about 20 miles southwest of Albany, right off I-88.

We are most interested in attracting Card Modelers to our show. I am an enthusiastic but "new to the genre" paper modeler. However, I have seen the remarkable things that can be accomplished in this medium. I think having card models on display would enhance our show. We will provide categories specifically for card models that would be judged by card modelers, if they were willing. We would plan to judge these "open," i.e., Gold ,Silver or Bronze as in a Figure show. Do you think there are card modelers in the Northeast U.S. who would be interested in attending? Can you make suggestions as to how we might make such participation more attractive to your colleagues? You can communicate with me on this Forum or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you. Nick Filippone
Google Adsense
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
hey Nick good to hear from you. We have modelers all over the place! Hopefully some that can make it too!

Would you be willing to take models by mail to put at the show? I cant say for sure that would work but ya never know! Some models ship really well - others not so much but usually if something does break off its incidental and easily glued back on
Thanks!
Chris