PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Nothing's Projects

Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Aircraft Caricatures

Have been a fan of the cartoon and others like it for near a year. Also found a few others, like "Path of Hate", or something like that. A serious theme, but not using aircraft caricatures. I suspect many here are aware of the Disney cartoon movie "Planes" that is suppose to come to theaters next month. It is a spin from their "Cars" cartoons that have been very popular.

My current project is making a caricature of a FW 190 using foam cups as the source material, rather than card stock. Have seen a number of drawings and examples of what a paper-craft cartoon FW 190 can look like. Providing a number of options for design. Haven't found a caricature plan to follow, so I have had to sort of "wing it". I enlarged a print of the FW 190 plan from Fiddlersgreen for ideas. Cut out wedges in foam to shape, but it might have been faster to use sheet foam.

I have a small collection of the larger foam drink cups, so the material hasn't cost me anything to experiment. I probably should start a thread on this project for others to copy or get ideas from. Working with thin foam is a little different then card stock, but results in a very lightweight model that can be a glider or a RC flyer. I will likely use an enlarged pattern to make a RC park flyer at some point in the future. I'm a big fan of a guy (Korean?) I found on Youtube that makes caricatures of all sorts of aircraft as an RC flyer project.

Last edited by Tsavah; 07-11-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling