PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Thanks, but the photo really hid it well somehow. Must be reflecting the actual colour or something.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Kuba....

Man you got guts! I tried this guy's F-4 Phantom II and... well... lets just say no one could be around me for a few days after I tossed that sucker in the garbage can.

I bought this kit the same time as I got the F-4 and well it looks pretty good in it's original book form and THAT'S the way it will stay.

Great job so far...... but remember it's only a model kit......... it's only a model kit....

john

My Drawings
Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
It looks great from here Kuba. Making a silk purse out of a sows ear is not easy.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Kuba,
This one really is coming together nicely, despite all the problems. You really are able to make a right out of two wrongs!
Chris
Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM

John, I really like the F4. When I saw it on the shelf I couldn't buy it fast enough. I will try it someday and I'll make myself enjoy it - even if it becomes a trainwreck :p

Douglas & Chris - thanks guys, but it does fit decently. Not perfect, but nothing I've done is major.

Updates:
The painting... I don't know. I still think it's off, but I don't care as much as I did. I was just mad that I myself introduced the first major flaw in an otherwise decent build.
I haven't really been building this week because of school work, coming home late after labs and writing otherwise.
But now I get a week off! It's my winter-spring-break. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'll definitely try to finish this guy before the end.
More progress and photos tonight, hopefully.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:32 PM

There's really not much left to do.
I've just been assembling the landing gear and some miscellaneous things like the hardpoints.

I assembled one of the missles. Turns out there are 2 different pairs. One is a Sidewinder I'm pretty sure, the other is this thing... don't know what it could be. The paper sort of buckled so it didn't roll nicely.. maybe it's against the grain? And the markings where you attach the fins aren't in line. I ended up gluing it like that, rather than leaving some markings that I'd have to paint. It's not significant.
#10 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz F-5 E Tiger II-img_2424.jpg

And here's just an overall view with the basic landing gear and the wingtip rails, sitting on my nice yellow computer.
#10 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz F-5 E Tiger II-img_2426.jpg
Old 02-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
You have done a class build with that bird.:D
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Beautiful build! The missile may be an AMRAAM but I don't think the F-5E was capable of carrying it. Some of the later upgrades could, however.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 PM

Ron, the first thing I checked was an AMRAAM, but that has the front fins essentially in the middle of the body. This thing has them near the tip.

I finished the landing gear entirely now. Unlike Glen's fabulous wheels, mine are poorly hand sanded, but oddly enough it's the first time I tried to shape wheels at all anyway :o The bay covers are far too long, almost touching the ground. Doesn't look too wrong, unless you look at photos (or the instruction sketch...). Also, it's telling me to put the hardpoints waaaay too close to the wheels. Luckily the marking is just a dashed line, and I moved it to the side to an arbitrary but better looking position.

I'll post the photos later, maybe tomorrow, but I might not be home.

Always appreciate the compliments guys!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Looks like it's supposed to be an AIM-9 (Sidewinder) to me.
Attached Thumbnails
#10 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz F-5 E Tiger II-aim9x.jpg  
Google Adsense