PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Well if you insist, must copy it from this fragile paper, nothing remotely like card. Consistancy of an old shopping bag is what I'm reminded of. The artwork is a RAF version. Faded rather badly.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:41 PM

Hmm. What would you guys prefer?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM

I think I shall reguest a ruling or show of hands:D
Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
My vote is scan, touch-up color, and build that sucker:D.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Paper quality is a major issue with the majority of these older MM kits. I would have really, really preferred to recolor my RR kit, but the ruling was to build these kits as originally supplied. So... I think scanning and printing the existing kit is your only real option if you want to keep this one within the contest rules. Unless the boss thinks otherwise!?
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2009, 02:11 PM

Papercut, that is kind of you, and Chris I'm not sure that all contestants have access to scans. I am not clear as to what would be fair to all entries. Color copies should be accessible, though (kinko's or similar if nothing else) I'm off to town to purchase ink for the printer, so will be interested in any entrant's opinion on this. Vote early and often.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 PM

My vote would be build the original. The "paper" >cough< is as much part of the challenge as the design
Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I believe that in the start thread for this competition, the contest initiator (or should I say instigator?) allowed that as long as we have the originals in our position, that prints are acceptable.
Glen, I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. If you need scans, I can scan my copy and send it to you... seeing as how you have an original kit.
I've tried to build one of these old kits and the original paper is more than just a challenge. The kit I was building crumbled in my hands after a few days!
Chris
Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
I believe that in the start thread for this competition, the contest initiator (or should I say instigator?) allowed that as long as we have the originals in our position, that prints are acceptable.
Glen, I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. If you need scans, I can scan my copy and send it to you... seeing as how you have an original kit.
I've tried to build one of these old kits and the original paper is more than just a challenge. The kit I was building crumbled in my hands after a few days!
Chris
I 2nd that, the acids in the ink and paper making process are working against you. And yes it is allowed for you to scan, were it not, some of these kits would not get built. As for as the color goes, w/in keeping of the rules, not Photoshop, however I believe you are not breaking rules if you dap a spot of paint on a area that has lost its color from poor printing, I did not say repaint the part, merely T/U. If this is against the rules then so is painting out the eadges. I guess we will get a ruling.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM

Thanks, Papercut. I have to agree now that I have mine in my hands.

I think some of these very old kits are not buildable on the original paper. Mine(1990), Dan's(1987), certainly Papercut's as the oldest. I can see from mine that I wouldn't be able to build the cowl. At least it's still a poor design, though:D.