PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Toddlea's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That Contest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2009, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz A-10 Thunderbolt II MM 5-6/94

First, some "honesty in build thread" confessions:

1. While waiting for my E.E. Lightning to arrive I started the Hawker Typhoon (MM 6-93) but I screwed up the build when the Aleene's Silver lived up to its "quick grab" label and grabbed the left wing before I got it fully seated. It wouldn't go in, wouldn't come out and I resorted to expunging my ineptitude through the use of violence. The sad part is that the fit of every part had been perfect, first cut, no trimming! I'm going to get this one again just for the sweet build it promised to be.

2. The English Electric P1B Lightning II (MM 1-74) arrived and I started that and was almost immediately brought up short by the terrible color registration, poor paper quality and fuselage ring fit problems that defied resolution. I cannot recommend this one (unless you are into pain.)

3. That disaster was followed immediately by an even greater calamity - the Breguet XIX.B2 (MM 4/87.) This one had worse paper than the Lightning and exceeded my frustration level almost instantly.

It was at this point that I was rummaging through my boxes of models and found the A-10. Since the previous builds has gone so well I determined not to post any photos until I felt I would be able to complete the model. the build was started on 18 February and it looks like it might actually make it to completion. And that, gentle reader, that is how we arrived at this place and time.....

Last edited by member_3; 02-26-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar cleanup
Google Adsense