PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 03-21-2008, 08:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Thumbs up

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved recognition.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST-bz-text.jpg  

Last edited by B-Manic; 03-21-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansls1 View Post
what more could one ask for?
Do I need to say it?...I mean, since you're asking...how about free beer?
You guys certainly deserve it!...WHAT THE HECK...I'M BUYING!!!
(Just come over to my house, and you'll get your free beer!)
lol

Old 03-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Congratulations to the WINNERSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am astonished and delighted. Thanks to everyone who made friendly, helpful, and encouraging comments during the build, and to my fellow participants who voted for my Hampden. For me, the real prize was the opportunity to participate in this enjoyable effort and to be in the company of a group of superb model builders and admirable people.

Don
Old 03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Eternal Member

well deserved good judging too and a great contest
Google Adsense
Old 03-21-2008, 07:45 PM

This will be my final post regarding the contest.

The winners' choices for prizes were as follows:

cjwalas - HMS King George V

boosed - Gremir Northrop P-61 Black Widow "Times'a'Wastin" + "Lady in the Dark" and the Spitfire PR Mk XIX (Sweden)

dansls1 - Gremir Northrop P-61 Black Widow "Times'a'Wastin" + "Lady in the Dark"

Obviously Don and Dan need to coordinate their build threads so they do different versions.

Once again, thanks to all who completed their "challenges", thanks to all who gave it their best shot and to all who helped me reduce my ridiculous inventory. There may not be another OldTroll contest anytime soon but there will be a new "Half a Buck a Page" sale in the near future. Stay tuned for more information.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.60 MB
I've been away for the last week and didn't get to follow the final stages of the "contest" however I do want to congratulate the winners and say that this was a great experience.

This contest was good fun and certainly generated a lot of good, positive activity on this forum.

Looking forward to seeing lots of new builds...and possibly another event?

Thanks Old Troll!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
boosed - Gremir Northrop P-61 Black Widow "Times'a'Wastin" + "Lady in the Dark" and the Spitfire PR Mk XIX (Sweden)

dansls1 - Gremir Northrop P-61 Black Widow "Times'a'Wastin" + "Lady in the Dark"

Obviously Don and Dan need to coordinate their build threads so they do different versions.
Well, I already own the printed version of just "Times 'a' Wastin", the main purpose of getting the download (in addition to being able to fix mistakes) is because I want to build "Lady in the Dark".

Quote:
Once again, thanks to all who completed their "challenges", thanks to all who gave it their best shot and to all who helped me reduce my ridiculous inventory. There may not be another OldTroll contest anytime soon but there will be a new "Half a Buck a Page" sale in the near future. Stay tuned for more information.
I can't say it enough - thanks for the contest Ron and thanks to Popala for bribing me to complete his challenge for him. I'm saving money for the next sale
Old 03-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Eternal Member

For those who want to try the GreMir P-61, it's a daunting model. It was designed in late 2001 or early 2002 and in many ways is up to the standards of current releases. There was a two-part build review article beginning with the June 2002 issue of the online modeling magazine "AirandSeaModels.com." The main focus of the e-zine was on plastic, but we got a card modeling section inserted in 2001, which I edited until the magazine tanked at the end of 2002. The P-61 articles were by Michael Cittadino, who did a superb job with the kit. I haven't heard from him for several years, but will try to raise him to see if he's interested in having it made available again after all this time. I'll have to dig through my CD-ROM archives of A&SM to see if I still have it (I'm a pack rat, so it's probably there). All dependent on sufficient interest, of course. The alternative is working on my taxes, so a supportive audience ("excuse") is essential to domestic tranquility.

www.geoghegan.us
Current build: GPM Halberstadt DII

Last edited by DrBill; 03-22-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
By all means....count me in among those who would be interested in seeing the build string resurrected....gives me an excuse to continue procrastinating on the taxes as well.