PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-10-2008, 02:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
Me: “Handley-Page Hampden? What have I gotten myself into?”

Kuba: “I don't recall any significant problems with it.”

Me: Kuba – I will call on you for advice as soon as I get into trouble – which is probably going to be as soon as I start cutting paper. Don
Actually my dad built that one and not me, so I can't help you much
I just remember everything fit nicely and it looked good (for my standards anyway )
Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.27 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
The Admin giveth; the Admin taketh away so you better do what the Admin say!

willja67 - Mig-29
ShaunGamer - Fokker E.III and Sopwith Pup (see previous listing for more info)
boosed - Handley-Page Hampden
Bowdenja - Sea Harrier
Tbolter - Yokosuka D4Y4 Susei
milenio3 - B-25D Mitchell
Darwin - Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien
Toddlea - Crusader Mk.III (armor by request)
Moshe - A-10A Thunderbolt II (Warthog)
popala - Bristol Beaufort
Sakrison - Nurnberg
rickstef - AH-1S Cobra

So endeth the reading (for now...)
First I want to say: [irony]Thanks for putting up all the Orlik models after I already ordered[/irony]

On a serious note Ron, I wanted to thank you for your generosity and this contest. I think it is absolutely wonderful. (now comes the however part) I really want to contribute but I'm trying to finish the GPM's Ju-52 I'm building right now, and build a WWI airplane for the IPMS regionals in September, that my local club will be hosting. Ju-52 is aimed to amaze the p***c modelers with its size and detail, and since WWI is the theme of the show, it would be nice to enter something...

I don't want to be a party pooper however, so if Ron agrees to me adding to his contest, I propose the following: if someone else volunteers to build the Bristol Beaufort instead of me, I will send you the model free of charge, and as soon as your construction report is finished, I will throw in a nice prize from my stash, something tailored to your likes.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
APA-168 - Essex reserved, please confirm by e-mail when you can.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
I don't want to be a party pooper however, so if Ron agrees to me adding to his contest, I propose the following: if someone else volunteers to build the Bristol Beaufort instead of me, I will send you the model free of charge, and as soon as your construction report is finished, I will throw in a nice prize from my stash, something tailored to your likes.
Well, here's my deal. I've spent my first quarter model budget already and SWMBO isn't budging on what a great deal it'd be to order more models right now (something about an upcoming golf trip and needing to keep the house and cars - silly logic and all).
I would love to take the challenge on of building one of these old MM models. So regardless of any prizes or whatnot, I'd love a chance to build the Beaufort and share the thread outside of any contests. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out - I might be able to swing postage on the BB.
Mind you - I'm interested in participating and building the model - I definitely don't think I'd deserve anything else from you or OT if we do work something out.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The Beaufort is another of my favorite airplanes. I'd love to see you build this, Dan. I hope it works out. I'll even stop harassing you about the Wahlfisch.

I also look forward to seeing photos of the Tante Ju taking shape down in Ourkinsaw.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Pawel and Dan,

No one is obligated to build any of the contest models. If Dan is willing to accept the Beaufort under whatever arrangement you guys work out I'm all for that! Dan, you will be considered a full participant whether you like it or not (my contest, my rules). As a matter of fact, you may qualify for the "Saved a Fellow Forum Member from Public Embarassment" award. I haven't decided what that award is or what the criteria are, but you might be in the running. As long as we're having fun and I'm regaining storage space, I'm happy.

What this thread needs is more Wahlfisch and cowbell!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.27 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
The Beaufort is another of my favorite airplanes. I'd love to see you build this, Dan. I hope it works out. I'll even stop harassing you about the Wahlfisch.

I also look forward to seeing photos of the Tante Ju taking shape down in Ourkinsaw.

Don
Sorry guys, I got lazy with posting updates :o The building is going slow and the little time I have for building is precious so I gave up on taking pictures. The beginnings are documented here: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69. I'll take a few pictures and post an update very soon.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Quote:
APA-168 - Essex reserved, please confirm by e-mail when you can.
e-mail sent just now.

Cheers,

Avery

[email protected]
Old 01-10-2008, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Darwin, OldTrol... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I have to leave everything else on idle until this is over. I preparing for the fun. My 2008 just begun brighter than I thought... building a HH65 for a friend, building the B-25 for a big fellow, and moving because of new house (I have to, or my models won't fit in my current cave)
Old 01-11-2008, 04:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
The Admin giveth; the Admin taketh away so you better do what the Admin say!

willja67 - Mig-29
ShaunGamer - Fokker E.III and Sopwith Pup (see previous listing for more info)
boosed - Handley-Page Hampden
Bowdenja - Sea Harrier
Tbolter - Yokosuka D4Y4 Susei
milenio3 - B-25D Mitchell
Darwin - Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien
Toddlea - Crusader Mk.III (armor by request)
Moshe - A-10A Thunderbolt II (Warthog)
popala - Bristol Beaufort
Sakrison - Nurnberg
rickstef - AH-1S Cobra

So endeth the reading (for now...)
Ron,

I already have the later MM A-10 (Gray/blue) waitting patiently its turn. But if you add the following rule to the contest, there are much higer chances for me to win: Viewing pictures and building threads without actualy building anything :-)

Moshe

Last edited by Moshe; 01-11-2008 at 04:30 AM.
Google Adsense