PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Old Troll's Did Anyone Ever Actually Build That CONTEST

Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Thanks everybody for the good words and encouragements..................you guys are too kind..........and too nice to really say what you think!:D

Will.......... I feel your pain................ no instruction (pictures) on how to put the landing gear.............armament.......pylons..........et c.........so I'm "winging it"

TGFTI...........Thanks Goodness For The Internet and Sea Harrier Walk Arounds:D

OK.......... here is one of my secrects...............landing gear = Q-Tip sticks............no I can not roll them any tighter then they do:p

I'll detail them up some.............but here is the bird with 1/2 landing gear and the wing pylons...........Oh and a VERY scratch build stand:D

If it wasn't for the coloration............mis-alignment of panel lines...........and lack of decent instructions.........this would be a "5" model on my scale..................again this is a pre-computer software(?) 14 year old model...................
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz BAe Sea Harrier-picture-10.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz BAe Sea Harrier-picture-11.jpg  

My Drawings

Last edited by John Bowden; 01-21-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Congrats! - John won the "Best Scratchbuilt Sea Harrier with Mismatched Panel Lines Stand" - big bonus there!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 AM

Looks great, John! Ooohhh, and you scored that bonus everyone was trying to hit! Awesome job!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Mighty fine flying machine, John!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM

You know, John, you shouldn't be fooling around with this old MM model. Why don't you look around the online stores and see if you can find a Halinski Sea Harrier? I'm sure you'd enjoy building that more...<<wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more>>

I'm not sure you've acually managed a silk purse but it sure doesn't look like a sow's ear anymore. Carry on bravely!
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Eternal Member

Hmmmm........... I wonder why I didn't think of that:o

Maybe I could even look around and find a couple of more that I want.......................:p

My Drawings
Old 01-23-2008, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Looks great John!

Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Eternal Member

Well............... I appreciate the good words.............. and I started back finishing up this bird.

Finishing is ALWAYS my down fall..............anyway I started to do the sidewinder missles that come with the kit and BOY ARE THEY HUGE................. I really don't think they are to scale........I'll check tonight.

I was going to scale Kancho's up from 1/48 to 1/33 but then I said............."Hey.......what am I doing, I need to show how the model really is" So I started building the missles AS IS.

I'll post a pic tonight after I get one finished..............

Must finish model.................Must finish model

john

My Drawings
Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Eternal Member

As promised..........well almost as promised.

I haven't scaled them out, but here is a picture to let you be the judge............. also a picture of one of the wing gear............

The landing gear struts and wheels are the only scratch build (non-MM booklet) parts on the plane........I wasn't going to glue cork inside the plane and then stick wire in it to make the landing gear struts:( If the wheels had been build up they would have been way to thin......................
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz BAe Sea Harrier-pictue-13.jpg   OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz BAe Sea Harrier-picture-12.jpg  

My Drawings
Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM

"My", said Red Riding Hood, "what a big Sidewinder you have!" Maybe the Sea Harrier is a smaller aircraft than I thought it was. The LG looks pretty fine, John.
Google Adsense