PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 10-26-2014, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
What a magnificent model. I too would love to build this. I even have the exact place to hang it reserved and ready. So let me know when it's ready. Where from, and how much? I dread to think what the page count will be if issued at A4 or letter size templates. I've got an A3 printer, so I'm sure I can handle it.

I think the head is great just as it is. So much character already in it. OK, maybe it would benefit from having a few angular edges boned smooth, but 90% of Pepakura designs always need this anyway.

Question from an ignorant Westerner ... I've noticed that Chinese Dragons are rarely depicted with wings ... So how do they fly?

Perhaps the fiery breath is utilised to fuel a hot air balloon principal?

Really looking forward to this one.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you for your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
What a magnificent model. I too would love to build this. I even have the exact place to hang it reserved and ready. So let me know when it's ready. Where from, and how much? I dread to think what the page count will be if issued at A4 or letter size templates. I've got an A3 printer, so I'm sure I can handle it.

I think the head is great just as it is. So much character already in it. OK, maybe it would benefit from having a few angular edges boned smooth, but 90% of Pepakura designs always need this anyway.

Question from an ignorant Westerner ... I've noticed that Chinese Dragons are rarely depicted with wings ... So how do they fly?

Perhaps the fiery breath is utilised to fuel a hot air balloon principal?

Really looking forward to this one.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.

Thank you for your interest.
About 50 A4 pages.
Why can fly without wings, it is impossible to have a scientific explanation.
The presence of the Oriental Dragon is unscientific.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMSC View Post
muy bonito este dragón, no lo había visto antes, es una creación personal?, felicitaciones el armado está muy bien.
respecto a la cara aunque tenga pocas curvas está bastante bien, en el sitio creative park de canon hay un modelo de dragón quizas te pueda servir, saludos

very nice this dragon, I had not seen before, is a personal creation ?, congratulations is well armed.
to the face even if few curves is quite good, on the site of canon creative park there is a dragon model maybe you can serve, Greetings

Thanks for your intrest!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
spectacular model. if it need a home in the usa for a host, the egiftshop would be honored.
The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop
Old 10-26-2014, 06:36 PM

Thank you.
Google Adsense
Old 10-26-2014, 10:47 PM

From Google search is.....

Chinese dragons are legendary creatures in Chinese mythology and Chinese folklore. The dragons have many animal-like forms such as turtles, fish, and imaginary creatures, but they are most commonly depicted as snake-like with four legs. In yin and yang terminology, a dragon is yang and complements a yin fenghuang ("Chinese phoenix").
Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it. With this, the Emperor of China usually used the dragon as a symbol of his imperial power and strength.[1]
In Chinese daily language, excellent and outstanding people are compared to a dragon, while incapable people with no achievements are compared with other, disesteemed creatures, such as a worm. A number of Chinese proverbs and idioms feature references to a dragon, for example: "Hoping one's son will become a dragon"

The dragon is an important and revered symbol in China.

he Chinese dragon is a symbol of wisdom, power, and luck in Chinese culture. Unlike western dragons, oriental dragons are usually seen as benevolent and kind. Dragons have long been a symbol in Chinese folklore and art. Temples and shrines have been built to honor them.
Through the symbol of the dragon, many Chinese see divine attributes which they aspire to themselves. In fact, the Chinese are sometimes referred to as "descendents of the dragon." The dragon is held in reverence and respect in Chinese culture. It is unseemly to defile a depiction of a dragon. Dragons are referenced by several Chinese proverbs.
Chinese dragons control the rain, rivers, lakes, and sea. They can ward off wandering evil spirits, protect the innocent, and bestow safety unto all. They are called lung or long in the Chinese language.
They fly in the sky among clouds. Most pictures of Chinese dragons show them playing with a flaming pearl. Legend has it that the pearl gives them their power and allows them to ascend into heaven.

The Legend of the Carp says that a carp able to leap over the mythical Dragon Gate will become a dragon. Many have sought out the true location of this Gate, but none have found it. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory for the drive and effort needed to overcome obstacles.
Attached Thumbnails
Oriental Dragon (non scale)-2014-10-27-13-42-18.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-4.jpg  

Old 10-28-2014, 10:32 PM

Oriental Dragon (non scale) - last

I'm redsigning this plan.
Is some kind of oriental dragon made ​​so far.
When I have finished I will post the redesign of the new Oriental dragon.
Last is...Military Dragon~~!! ^.^

Thanks for your interest!
Attached Thumbnails
Oriental Dragon (non scale)-1.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-2010_043_ddeng001.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-2011-04-25_07-19-01_306.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-k-dragon-002.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-double-dragon-022.jpg  

Oriental Dragon (non scale)-double-dragon-027.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-double-dragon-032.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-double-dragon-033.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-double-dragon-036.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-double-dragon-029.jpg  

Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_1649_pink_76.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_4409.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_4543.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_4421.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_4415.jpg  

Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_4362.jpg   Oriental Dragon (non scale)-img_4363.jpg  

Last edited by spiral; 10-28-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Oh yes, the textured paper makes them really outstanding. Not so sure about the shiny paper one though. It makes it look more like a Christmas decoration than a model, but I don't doubt that many people will like it as such.

Do you build these in white and then paint, or are the colours applied in the printing process? I've not tried running textured paper through a printer. I must give it a go.

You say the template is on 50+ A4 pages ... Have you tried enlarging it onto A3 card, or reducing it to A5? It certainly looks like a design that could be done either way?

If you don't have the facilities to enlarge or shrink the templates ... I do ... and I have time on my hands. Just email the designs to me and I'll happily beta build them for you, and write up some instructions in English while I'm at it.

PDF format would be fine if it includes some assembly instructions, but if not, .pdo format is much preferred, in order to use the 2D view to figure out what goes where.

Keep on snippn' ... Johnny.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Spiral -

It is a magnificent dragon. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your model. Thank you for the other information about the model and about dragons.

The Korean dragon is a splendid creature. I like Asian dragons and used to live in Yongsan-gu (용산구 [龍山區]), the Dragon Hill District of Seoul.

Don
Old 10-29-2014, 07:01 PM

Johnny.
Will you want to become a beta tester's intent?
Well ...
There are people with different talents I Hardcraft group to which they belong.
And a beta tester role is someone of them.
And some people are responsible for graphics work.

I do not use PAPAKURA with the PDO.
The Oriental Dragon is designed with 2D CAD for a long time.
About 7 years ago ...

I did not know how to use 3D Tool.
So I did not make 3D Intro.

But now ...
I learned from friends how to use the 3D Tool.
So is the redesign of the Oriental Dragon.
And, I will make 3D instructions.

Spiral

Tags
dragon, oriental