PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 11-13-2014, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 68.03 MB
Half-built things I may never complete.

The first is an original series Star Trek USS Enterprise. I started it, oh, I don't know, three or more years ago, as a birthday present for my brother. Yesterday I made one of the domes for a nacelle and promptly lost interest in it again.

The second is the castle at Disneyland, from the Disney Experience website. I reduced it to fit four pages on one sheet of cardstock and began work... about five years ago. Every once and a while, I take it out of the box it's stored in, look at it, say, "I really should finish that..." and put it away again. I think my reason for stopping is because the designer, Robert Nava, put out a new version with more realistic surfaces, and as soon as I saw that, I neither wanted to start over nor finish what I'd begun.

I'm curious to see what's languishing away half-finished in other people's collections.
Attached Thumbnails
Half-built things I may never complete.-100_5986.jpg   Half-built things I may never complete.-100_5990.jpg   Half-built things I may never complete.-100_5991.jpg   Half-built things I may never complete.-100_5992.jpg   Half-built things I may never complete.-100_5994.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-13-2014, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.06 GB
Oh, I have a lot, a few of Ojimak Sukhois that are just laying around, an old F-18F from Paper-Replika, a V8 Engine, and a whole tree's worth of more. I tend to get obsessed with a hobby, like paper models, but it's like I have ADD when it comes to actually finishing one project related to it.

-C-2A Greyhound
-Br.1050 Alize
Old 11-14-2014, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Uhu02's X-Wing, about 5 different starts, always run into a fit problem that I blame on paper thickness, and go reprint on different paper. Maybe one day I'll finish the attempt on the paper he designed it on...

Zio's Locomotive Gr.950 - tried it for a competition here, but it turned out the be quite difficult, and I was never happy with my results.

Plus many other small projects that I just lost interest in: Uhu02's Tinkerbell, Zio's P-51 Mustang, Wall-E, a small Lamborghini, Darth Vader's Lightsaber, Star Wars speederbike.. I still have all the parts in little boxes in my kit, waiting to be worked on some more.
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 11-15-2014, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I have a barn from Cut & Assemble an Old-Fashioned Farm by A.G. Smith that is partly finished.

A goat from Spooner's Moving Animals by Paul Spooner stuck in mid-chew.

The house from Cut & Assemble House of the Seven Gables by Edmund V. Gillon Jr. with the wall and gables up but only one roof section added.

And looking around there is a body of some kind of bird.

There is also a thick stack of printed model sheets collecting dust.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 68.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
A goat from Spooner's Moving Animals by Paul Spooner stuck in mid-chew.
That reminds me; I have Spooner's Museum of the Mind all done except for the headache. (I've built the whole thing once before, but for some reason, I put it aside this time.)
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2014, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 145.94 MB
Well, I've got a BSG viper (2004) with tail, without wings, a 1/96 Buran space shuttle with rocket, all parts assembled but never got around to mating the ship to the rocket. I started designing a "Grasshopper" transporter for it but that's on hold for now. Also a 1/144 Buran repainted in Russian Federation colors, about 1/2 finished, and a Space 1999 Eagle about 2/3 finished. And an "Emergency" Squad 51 paramedic truck that I somehow lost the wheels to and never got around to reprinting them. And of course, several plastic models in various stages. I would finish all this stuff up, but right now I'm working on a 1/250 RMS Mauritania...
Old 11-15-2014, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.96 MB
I've got a few cars that just sit and intimidate me, and 4 or 5 biplanes of different types. Truth to be told the biplanes is where I'm starting in the morning.........! I'm one of these people that has a bunch of different hobbies and it's tough to try and stay on just one thing. Glad to know that I'm not the only one !!

Tags
disneyland, enterprise, incomplete, star trek