PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
I like this one, nice work. I'll be watching and maybe following.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi dje,

Your efforts look very impressive, especially the undercarriage in the making. Orlik kits are very well designed and detailed, so don't put this one away, even just temporarily. I know from experience that nothing is more permanent than stalling a paper model for the time being and starting a new project. That may end up in the same way... Keep up the good work, your thread is nice to follow along.

Regards,
Erik
Old 03-09-2015, 06:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.13 MB
Looks very good dje !
And an interesting subject too

I agree with Erik, better finish the project while you are 'in the flow' ...
Old 03-10-2015, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zwaan View Post
Hi dje,

Your efforts look very impressive, especially the undercarriage in the making. Orlik kits are very well designed and detailed, so don't put this one away, even just temporarily. I know from experience that nothing is more permanent than stalling a paper model for the time being and starting a new project. That may end up in the same way... Keep up the good work, your thread is nice to follow along.

Regards,
Erik
hi Erik,Longbow and NevadaBlue,
thanks for your comments, really appreciate.

So far I really do enjoy making this model, parts fit well, lot of details, fun to do but it's really time consuming ; Don't know for you but weeks went through I'm getting less "passionate" about a model and just want to finish it.
Since I don't want to rush it I prefer to to some break time to time and do few models at once.
I have some more work done (nothing worth sharing yet ) and I will go back to it this week end for sure.

Actually more I think about it more likely it may be part of my main project this year, a diorama. I'm thinking perhaps a light flak position with flak (!), a cabin maybe a truck or light armour ; nothing decided yet...
Already ordered more model among a flak 38 ; added flak 36 too but got cancelled, that will be an excuse for ordering more model... yeah, i know, buy less, build more

bye
Old 03-11-2015, 06:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Allo dje,

As long as you keep the momentum going of any build your making . Paper modeling is a slow hobby. Haste is deadly. In the past I've started so many models which I never finished and that still sit patiently somewhere on a shelf or in a drawer, waiting for the moment to be picked up again, which likely not going to happen anymore...
The good thing about this site is that it encourages you to go on as you get so many new ideas about solving a problem or whatever, and for myself the most important one: If you take the effort to start a thread, I sort of oblige myself to finish what I've started. It's such a waste of time and effort if you don't....
For instance, look up the armory thread by David (Romanmodels), who is building a fantastic Sherman Firefly; look at the date when he started and you know what I mean .

So far for paper philosophy. Lunch break's over, time to rejoin the other world again.

Looking forward to your next installment.

Regards,
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2015, 06:27 PM

Hi !

Back to this model.
Doing a break for the (messy) fi-282 to do more work on this one. So after 80 parts and 10h, I made the support, 80% of it, seat and control to add . So far this model is still flawless ;

By the way on those pictures I just realized I forget to do some paint correction to do list !

I already started the lamp itself. See you with more update, bye
Attached Thumbnails
modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_3487_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_3490_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_3492_1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2015, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
makeing good progress

Old 03-19-2015, 04:56 PM

Hi,
thanks roman

done some progress, the lamp is mostly done. A few parts to add and several finish to do, fix several parts, remove some glue, painting, etc...
Some issue with the inner circle between the glass support and main part, I cut to tight, have to fix that ! At least it's on the back bottom, it wont be so mush visible...

bye
Attached Thumbnails
modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_3502_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_3518_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_3527_1.jpg  
Old 05-31-2015, 09:06 AM

Back to this model and finished the lamp ; Work a little messy ; saw I glued some parts out of axis too late. I will do the dolly an other time.
Attached Thumbnails
modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_4770_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_4771_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_4772_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_4773_1.jpg   modelik 1:25 - flakscheinwerfer 36-_mg_4776_1.jpg  

Old 05-31-2015, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Great work on a small scale.

More to a search light than I thought

Tim
Google Adsense

Tags
flakscheinwerfer, searchlight