PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
So, is there an end to this drama; have you given her the rose yet? This is quite better than anything on TV since it is real, and you have everyone rooting for you. Come on, son, make with the details!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Well the story is somewhat convoluted. The girl I'm interested in wasn't the one that got the rose.

The one I'm interested in went out with me once and I asked here out again and she said yes but it would have to wait a few weeks since her schedule was booked solid.

Well I waited patiently for the 2 weeks then called her again. In that intervening time an ex boyfriend had shown up and she decided to start dating him again and told me I was out of luck.

I met her through church where I am in charge of organizing lessons and teachers for one of the classes. Well it just so happened to be the birthday of one of the teachers (also young female and pretty) so I thought I would try and create a little jealousy. Someone once told me that one of the best ways to get a girl, if it isn't serious yet and you want it to be, let her see you be interested in other girls.

So I gave the rose and a plate of homemade brownies (I make very good homemade brownies) to this teacher at the begining of the class (the girl I am interested in was there) in as flirty a manner as I could muster.

A little disclaimer at this point: I am keeping my options open and the girl I gave the rose to isn't interested in me (she's told me so) so there isn't any girl going to get her heart broke.

But the point of the whole thing was to cultivate oportunites. Hence the use of the word "ladies" plural in the title. Do I really hope I get another shot at the girl I wanted to make jealous? You better beleive it. Do I think I might have scored points with a bunch of other girls(read prospects)? I sure hope so. And on top of it the teacher went "Ohhh, that's so nice", so I got to be a good guy on top of it all.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels
Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
You better keep us in the loop on how things go!
Chris
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 PM

Damn! That's a good drama you have going on there. The jealousy thing is probably not the way to go, though. It works in the movies, but when woman has her mind set on one man, for better or worse, she's made her decision.

Too bad about the teacher. I am one these days and I find the female teachers to be very high quality people. They are intelligent, compassionate, and dedicated. Try setting your sights on another.

I married a teacher 35 years ago, still going strong, and if I had it to do over, I'd do the same thing. Nurses are pretty solid, too, for the same reasons.

Geez, if a rose and brownies doesn't snag one, I don't know what to say! Word will get around; hang in there.

Since you have used the rose, design a heart box next. Fill it with chocolate. Same sentiment, different design. I used to make heart boxes out of wood...makes 'em all squiggly at the knees!

Good luck, mate!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Strange But True Fiction. . . ,

Ok, so you're fishing with rose lures. That might work. The jealousy thing could backfire on you with unintended consequences though.

One other thing, make sure that neither one of them even knows or has even the slightest hint that this site exists otherwise you'll be badly burnt toast. . . ,

+Gil
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2009, 02:16 AM

Rhino Subject

P.S. Will, it's not that bad a subject in Rhino. . . ,

+Gil

Old 05-22-2009, 05:16 AM

Gil, is that something for which you could easily generate a file that we could cut out? I would love to do that for my wife. With textured and colored papers, I could have a ball making a dozen roses for her.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Save your paper!

Sounds like she did you a favor. Dames these days are of two kinds; the one deserving a paper rose, and the kind who hook back up with an ex!

She'd playing it again, Willja!

The DC
Old 05-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Post Theft. . . ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Gil, is that something for which you could easily generate a file that we could cut out? I would love to do that for my wife. With textured and colored papers, I could have a ball making a dozen roses for her.

This wasn't meant to steal Will's wonderful paper rose chase so I'll cut to the chase (sorry Will). The rose design was designed for a commission to design the "Look & Feel" for an upscale bistro. I hadn't given any thought to a paper rose design till Will started up his paper rose pursuit. I'll have to dig the file out of the archive and see if it's possible to flatten the petals. Forming them has no guarantees and that also applies to assembly instructions.

You may want to look at the Canon site which has what looks to be a fairly nice looking rose and would save both of us a lot of time (plus it would make someone a lot happier a lot sooner). . . ,

Gift Items - Gift & Card - Canon CREATIVE PARK

+Gil

A refined version of this was used in the entry area of the bistro.

Last edited by Gil; 05-22-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
.. it's amazing how helpful old guys could be .. :D

With lovely greetings
the Wilfried
Google Adsense