Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 08-12-2023, 04:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 121.70 MB
Dragon
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Author: Keisuke Saka

Source: free model (Canon)

Video: Dragon paper automata - YouTube

Another automatic from Keisuke Saka that can be downloaded from the Canon website. Similar to the Tyrannosaurus, the back movement is provided by a rubber band. Built without modifications, except that I printed the back of the parts, so I didn't have to retouch the white areas as much that would be visible...
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dragon-automata-gif.gif   My paper automata-dscn5691.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5695.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5697.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5698.jpg  

Old 08-12-2023, 04:08 PM

Dragon
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Source: free model (Canon)

Video: Dragon paper automata - YouTube

Another automatic from Keisuke Saka that can be downloaded from the Canon website. Similar to the Tyrannosaurus, the back movement is provided by a rubber band. Built without modifications, except that I printed the back of the parts, so I didn't have to retouch the white areas as much that would be visible...
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dragon-automata-gif.gif   My paper automata-dscn5691.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5695.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5697.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5698.jpg  

Old 09-03-2023, 12:42 PM

Expected Delivery
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Source: etsy.com

Video: Expected Delivery - YouTube

Another paper automata by Keisuke Saka with a stork carrying babies. This paper automata can also be purchased on etsy.com. (pdf: 3 pages with parts + 2 pages with instructions) I didn't make any adjustments, everything fit when gluing and, as always with this author, the finished paper automata works without problems.
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-expected-delivery-gif.gif   My paper automata-dscn5770.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5773.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5776.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5778.jpg  

My paper automata-dscn5781.jpg   My paper automata-dscn5784.jpg  
Old 09-24-2023, 06:02 AM

Keyboard Cat
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Author: Amy Bojo

Source: free model, Papercraft Keyboard Cat - Love Meow

Video: Keyboard cat - YouTube

Some authors make dozens of paper automatas and others 1-2, which is also the case here. This lady (or miss) has a page dedicated to cats, while 2 paper automatas can also be found here. The first is a cat playing the keyboard. The paper automata works nicely, I just added reinforcement to the bottom of the base and weight to the cat's paws because they wouldn't return to the bottom position due to the friction of the paper.
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dscn6241.jpg   My paper automata-dscn6243.jpg   My paper automata-dscn6250.jpg   My paper automata-dscn6252.jpg   My paper automata-dscn6254.jpg  

Old 11-23-2023, 03:22 PM

The Scream
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Source: etsy.com

Video: The Scream paper automata - YouTube

Since it was Halloween, Keisuke Saka recently released a paper automata with a ghost. This paper automata can also be purchased on etsy.com. (pdf: 4 pages with parts + 2 pages with instructions) I did not make any adjustments, except for coloring the back side of the print (where it was visible), when gluing, everything fit and, as always with this author, and the finished machine works without problems.
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dscn8841.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8847.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8852.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8853.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8865.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-10-2023, 04:48 PM

Climbing Santa Bank
(paper automata)

Autor: Keisuke Saka

Zdroj: etsy.com

Video: -
(I'm currently working in provisional mode on my laptop, I need to reinstall windows on my PC, which I don't have much time for now, so I'll add a video when I can)

Christmas is coming, so I will add the first paper automata - a cash register with Santa. Coins are thrown above, thanks to which Santa moves up the chimney, when the weight of the coins is sufficient, they spill down from where they can be removed and Santa moves to the lower position.
This paper automata can also be purchased digitally on etsy.com. I didn't make any adjustments, everything fit when gluing, and as always with this author, and the finished paper automata works nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dscn8926.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8928.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8929.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8932.jpg   My paper automata-dscn8935.jpg  

Old 01-01-2024, 12:56 PM

Warming up for X-Day
(paper automata)

Autor: Keisuke Saka

(I'm currently working in provisional mode on my laptop, I need to reinstall windows on my PC, which I don't have much time for now, so I'll add a video when I can)

I will add another Christmas paper automata - a reindeer warming up, and since it's the beginning of the year, such a warm-up would be suitable for all of us. I wish everyone good luck, health and success in the new year.
This paper automata can also be purchased digitally on etsy.com. I didn't make any adjustments, everything fit when gluing, and as always with this author, and the finished paper automata works nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-warming-up-gif.gif   My paper automata-dscn9223.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9227.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9230.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9233.jpg  

Old 01-22-2024, 04:12 PM

Rude Moose
(paper automata)

Autor: COOL4CATS

Last time I glued a training reindeer, now I will add a rude moose.
I've been wanting to try a paper automata from COOL4CATS for a long time, and since I managed to get a couple of simpler automatas from this author cheaper before Christmas, Rude Moose is the first of them. (they also offer really complex paper automatas, but their price is quite high)
Since it is not a digital download, you have to wait a while before they deliver it from England, the automatas are printed on relatively hard paper + there is a picture guide with a description on the thin paper. It was easy to put together and the result works nicely. It's such a good mood creator, when I come home tired from work, just pull and the moose sticks out its tongue at me, I'm in a better mood right away.
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dscn9301.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9304.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9312.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9324.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9327.jpg  

My paper automata-rude-moose-automatagif.gif  
Old 02-09-2024, 05:15 PM

Penguin
(paper automata)

Author: Rob Ives

Source: Free Printable Penguin | Creative Center

Rob Ives is one of the prominent authors of kinetic models. A few of his things can be downloaded from the Canon site, but at the moment far more of his stuff can be found on the Brother site. It also has its pages.
It's winter, so I chose his penguin slot machine. I don't have much glued from it, so it didn't stick that well, which was not helped by the photo guide, which from my point of view was not as detailed as I would have imagined... The paper automata works, it just moves a little harder, which I had to strengthen some parts movement mechanism. A few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My paper automata-dscn9411.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9413.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9414.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9417.jpg   My paper automata-dscn9418.jpg  

My paper automata-penguin-ives-automata-gif.gif  
Old 02-09-2024, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I haven't done ANY of the Rob Ives automata, though I have made many of his other crafts. My biggest fear was that I would go to all the effort and it not work. I saw a build of one of them many years ago that reinforced the moving pieces and then gave them a dose of CA glue (super glue) and sanded the parts smooth after they dried.

Do you think that something like that would help?
Google Adsense

Tags
animation, automata, christmas, crib, paper