PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 07-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I like these very much. It is interesting to see a model that is so open so that all the work will show inside and out. There is a museum in Moscow with many historical carriages from the Russian history. Some of those would make interesting models.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
Most interesting.

Texman, while I was at the local Tack store, I glanced at a book by the title of all things, "Don't squat with your spurs on". It is a book mostly of colloquial sayings. I did not get the authors name but it was and interesting book.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keds_Girl_Lala View Post
I like these very much. It is interesting to see a model that is so open so that all the work will show inside and out. There is a museum in Moscow with many historical carriages from the Russian history. Some of those would make interesting models.
While I was researching materials for the stage coach I came across many fancy coaches. One of the reasons I like the Western Stage Coach, is that the steering yoke suspension is easier to accomplish than the ones with the round metal wheel yoke with one pin attachment. This frame also lends itself to the making of the Chuck Wagon and the Conestoga.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Excellent subject, and a very nice build so far! I look forward to following this thread!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Eternal Member

Stage Coach

A few more pics of the Coach. I have already started to paint the body and made the cushions, but that is a little ahead of myself. Here are the next batch. This build may be a bit slow do to the fact that it is still a WIP. I have yet to get to the chassis, the wheels and the yoke and harness.

Made the doors but the shape formers made them too thick I will have to correct that later on. The doors do not open and close because of the thickness. I may make them thinner and upholster the inside. Check fitting of the doors to the Cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Western Stage Coach-012.jpg   Western Stage Coach-013.jpg   Western Stage Coach-014.jpg   Western Stage Coach-015.jpg   Western Stage Coach-016.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-26-2009, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.24 GB
Really enjoying watching this take shape. Nice seeing a subject that I haven't seen modeled before....
Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Eternal Member

Stage Coach

The body is ready for some attention. Made the cushions from a soft scrub sponge and sewed spandex material around the cut sponge. Made the indentations with a needle and thread. The inside of the Cabin was skinned with a downloaded sheet panel of soft pine.
Attached Thumbnails
Western Stage Coach-017.jpg   Western Stage Coach-018.jpg   Western Stage Coach-019.jpg   Western Stage Coach-020.jpg   Western Stage Coach-021.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Eternal Member

Stage Coach

more pics, Almost done with the cabin. Trying to think up a western landscape to reduce and place on the doors and a painting in the front and back of the inside of the cabin. Trying to come up with a way to place the signs on the outside, like Wells Fargo Overland Express, or something to that nature.
Attached Thumbnails
Western Stage Coach-022.jpg   Western Stage Coach-023.jpg   Western Stage Coach-024.jpg   Western Stage Coach-025.jpg   Western Stage Coach-026.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Lookin' good.
I saw a documentary show about the Wells Fargo Overland Express on the TV a while back. Very interesting stuff.

Try doing a search for Monument Valley and Monument Valley paintings. You will get some nice landscapes to consider.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Lookin' good.
I saw a documentary show about the Wells Fargo Overland Express on the TV a while back. Very interesting stuff.

Try doing a search for Monument Valley and Monument Valley paintings. You will get some nice landscapes to consider.

Thanks, I will give it a go.
Google Adsense