PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
those cushions look like they will soften the ride well. That coach really looks real!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Stage Coach

The more I get into this project, the more stuff I learn. This model when I release it, will probably be a lines only model. There are so many layering surfaces to adequately make a color version. The modeler will have to design his/her own color scheme. Some coaches are the traditional red, but there are Forest Green, Grays, Light blue and so on. Well here are some more pics. I started on the preliminary color scheme. I used Grey primer as the base and hand painted over that to give it that dull sun faded red.

I gave up on the real leather handles and used heavy paper instead. Had to break out my jewelry pliers and tools for handles and other fittings.

In the last pic, I used the handle of the paint brush to give the handles that open look.
Attached Thumbnails
Western Stage Coach-027.jpg   Western Stage Coach-032.jpg   Western Stage Coach-034.jpg   Western Stage Coach-035.jpg   Western Stage Coach-036.jpg  

Western Stage Coach-037.jpg   Western Stage Coach-038.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I like this model a lot : congratulations!

Thanh Thuy.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Thuy View Post
I like this model a lot : congratulations!

Thanh Thuy.
Thanks Dai Wi, there is more to come.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
those cushions look like they will soften the ride well. That coach really looks real!

Forgot to reply to you Parson, (Padre). Just a bit of inventing on my part. Could not use real leather, too thick but then it is too late, I could have used a chamois cloth. I may try it out to see if could work in the future.
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Eternal Member

Stage Coach

more details for the coach. The details are getting a little bit out of hand but that is what makes the model. A lot of the details are scratched built as I go. It is too tedious to make templates for them so you have to make out how they are done.

Breaking out my metal working tools again. The first link for the belts I made were D ring style. Had to discard them and make triangle style rings for the belts. They will show up later in the build.

Cut strips of heavy paper for the belts/straps, about the thickness of shoe box carton. Colored them with a matte black.
Attached Thumbnails
Western Stage Coach-039.jpg   Western Stage Coach-040.jpg   Western Stage Coach-041.jpg   Western Stage Coach-042.jpg   Western Stage Coach-043.jpg  

Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
This is the most awesome Stagecoach ever. Any other design will be playing catchup. It is so excellent. I know there are some Pepakura Unicorns out there . Maybe you can scale them and rework them into horses for your coach?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
This is the most awesome Stagecoach ever. Any other design will be playing catchup. It is so excellent. I know there are some Pepakura Unicorns out there . Maybe you can scale them and rework them into horses for your coach?

Thanks Zathros, But I am not that good at making figurines, besides, I found two horses from a Cavalry model which I may attempt to make a mold and cast it in liquid paper mache. I may have to put wire frames inside to protect the legs when done. But that is another project and I am biting at the bit to get the Delta Flyer going and finalize my Cannon. With the way that this coach is going, I may make my cannon 1/16 also.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Eternal Member

Stage Coach

Continuing with the belt/straps, links and other stuff. Here you can see the new belt fittings. The triangle shape fits better than the D ring style. The bustle straps are in place and a trial pin striping was added. The striping will also change, my hand is not that steady for an even flow of the lines. I have an idea for this later on.

I am out of picture instructions for now. I have to upload my pics to my computer and make some more build instructions. Se you all again shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Western Stage Coach-044.jpg   Western Stage Coach-045.jpg   Western Stage Coach-046.jpg   Western Stage Coach-047.jpg   Western Stage Coach-049.jpg  

Old 07-28-2009, 06:20 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
A most intriguing build

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense