PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 06-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Did the stage coach kit ever get released? I was thinking about trying to build one Johnny West size. I don't think they ever made one in that scale.

Thanks
Clif
No, I did not get around to making the full plans for it. While I like the Coach, it is a space consuming monster, If I were to make the horse teams for it. I am out of the building process for a while, but I may re-do the coach at a smaller scale about the size of the smaller GI joe figure/Star wars figures. That will also go for the other coaches and horse drawn models that I may decide in the future. "God willing and the creek don't rise".
Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
Thanks for the reply Silveroxide. When you do release it, I'd like to give it a try. What other horse drawn models are you considering designing?

Clif
Old 06-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Thanks for the reply Silveroxide. When you do release it, I'd like to give it a try. What other horse drawn models are you considering designing?

Clif
Gypsy/Shepherd wagon, The Chuck wagon, Two wheeled coaches. The harness/tack for a Cavalry horse, Western two and one belly strap saddle, and whatever may peek my interest.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.94 MB
Wow beautiful would love to have one of those. amazing work
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
Cool How about the old drummer wagon like the elixer salesman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroxide View Post
Gypsy/Shepherd wagon, The Chuck wagon, Two wheeled coaches. The harness/tack for a Cavalry horse, Western two and one belly strap saddle, and whatever may peek my interest.
How about the old drummer wagon like the elixer salesman? It was kind of the vendor wagon of its time.

Clif
Google Adsense
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Eternal Member

Clif-52: I have reference material and I am googling for more all the time. I will have to check the drummer wagon out and add the reference material to my morgue files.

Scifimodelfan: Glad that you like the thread. While I do like Sci-fi a lot, this is my other passion in the modeling field and I do like to scratch build.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
We used to have a guy in town that made Stage Coaches (for Wells Fargo, and movies). He has since passed on. I used to go out to his shop occasionally to do some lettering and miscellanious striping. I never could talk him into gold leafing the lettering, because he was too cheap. Anyhoo, he wrote a book, which I have a copy of somewhere (possibly in storage) that told how to build them from the ground up, this also included decoration, like the silly black stripe that faced the next spoke on the wheels. Also he said that the mud wagon was used out here (California) because the Concord had a different wheel base and would not fit the ruts in the roads, which caused the wheels to break. I thought it was interesting how they warped plywood to form the walls of the coach, kinda like the do on an Albatros fuselage.

He told a cute story of and heir of the Well's fortune (an woman) that he accompanied in a parade that stuck one of the wheels in track grove for a street car or somethin', that of course snapped the wheel and stopped the parade. She blamed him of course because she obviously could hear him yelling at her not to do it.

The gentleman's name was Lambert.

Beard
Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.14 MB
Great to see your progress. I could't find anything like it anywnhere else and making builds from scratch is still a good bit beyond me. Please keep us in the loop on your progress. John
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
We used to have a guy in town that made Stage Coaches (for Wells Fargo, and movies). He has since passed on. I used to go out to his shop occasionally to do some lettering and miscellanious striping. I never could talk him into gold leafing the lettering, because he was too cheap. Anyhoo, he wrote a book, which I have a copy of somewhere (possibly in storage) that told how to build them from the ground up, this also included decoration, like the silly black stripe that faced the next spoke on the wheels. Also he said that the mud wagon was used out here (California) because the Concord had a different wheel base and would not fit the ruts in the roads, which caused the wheels to break. I thought it was interesting how they warped plywood to form the walls of the coach, kinda like the do on an Albatros fuselage.

He told a cute story of and heir of the Well's fortune (an woman) that he accompanied in a parade that stuck one of the wheels in track grove for a street car or somethin', that of course snapped the wheel and stopped the parade. She blamed him of course because she obviously could hear him yelling at her not to do it.

The gentleman's name was Lambert.

Beard
Thanks for the tale Beard, She was probably interested in the adoration coming from the crowd and lost her focus. Besides, it is easier to blame someone else instead of taking the blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbender View Post
Great to see your progress. I could't find anything like it anywnhere else and making builds from scratch is still a good bit beyond me. Please keep us in the loop on your progress. John
This model was a lark in which I tried to see if it could be done with card stock. I learned a bit in the process and if I should do it over again, there will be some changes in the wheel and brake process.

Thanks for your comments, guys. I am sorry I did not answer earlier. I was reviewing my threads and noticed that I did not replied to these comments. I will be back to my wagons later, but Mdixon is doing a fantastic work in some of the models I was planning on doing in the future (Civil War Series). I will probably go a different route, to include making the saddlery work on the Cavalry horses. I like the way they came out on my Caisson horse tack. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
Have you done anymore work in the horse drawn subject? I have been looking all over for plans/drawings for farm and freight wagons as well as for a 4 passenger wagon/carriage of some kind. The fifth wheel is something i still cant get my head around, whats on the net doesnt show it very well and theres just no FREE drawings that exhibit it very well. My intentions are in 1/48 scale for an O scale layout, but am also interested in something quite larger, like 1/6 scale.
Google Adsense