PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 10-23-2021, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
Paper castles for hexagonal wargame board

I found in the far forgotten box few castles built many years ago to be used for the hexagonal board games. Some twenty years ago I played with my older son but later never tried to. The units were represented by the medieval foot figures 1/72, the board was prepared in AutoCAD and printed (by me) and coloured with pencils (by my son), and after few campaigns we realised we needed some strongholds so I made few castles and towers (of course not in scale) to strengthen the defense. We decided to put two units on the each hexagonal deck of the castle (to the contrary to the general rule allowing only one unit to occupy a single hexagon of the terrain) and the modifiers to the hit points and to the range of shot were added. To break into the castle one must wait one turn unable to attack (climbing the virtual ladder) and (if he survived) fight with the defenders and disable all of them on this level.

Here are few pieces of this architecture, still intact and formidable for all our enemies!
Attached Thumbnails
Paper castles for hexagonal wargame board-img_20211023_161330.jpg   Paper castles for hexagonal wargame board-img_20211023_161401.jpg   Paper castles for hexagonal wargame board-img_20211023_161858.jpg   Paper castles for hexagonal wargame board-img_20211023_161758.jpg   Paper castles for hexagonal wargame board-img_20211023_162305.jpg  

Old 10-24-2021, 05:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Very well done. I love the board too.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha