PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 01-19-2022, 07:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Creative Park Santa Claus's House

A funny little, but dense, house from Creative Park.

I still make some mistakes with flat surfaces, among other things, probably I have to wait they set well under a weight... so, instead of Santa Claus's House, I call it "my Sandy Claws's house, Tim Burton style".
At least, when my fair lady see it, she wanted it as a gift!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Creative Park Santa Claus's House-20220103_191103.jpg   Creative Park Santa Claus's House-20220103_191200.jpg   Creative Park Santa Claus's House-20220103_191247.jpg   Creative Park Santa Claus's House-20220103_191621.jpg  
Old 01-20-2022, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Nice looking. Lot of stuff going on.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
That's really nice! I've considered having a go at this one, but have been put off by the amount of the most expensive liquid in the world it would take to print it out, so I'm pleased to see it come to life here.

As for layering paper and keeping it flat, I always use a spirit-based glue and keep it under a heavy object at least overnight. My experience is that when using water-based glues the laminate will curl no matter how long you keep it pinned down. I rest my case.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Nice looking. Lot of stuff going on.
Thanks for the words!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
That's really nice! I've considered having a go at this one, but have been put off by the amount of the most expensive liquid in the world it would take to print it out, so I'm pleased to see it come to life here.
Thank you! I'll tell you a secret: I had it laser printed at a local print center, spending about 5/6 €.
Quote:
As for layering paper and keeping it flat, I always use a spirit-based glue and keep it under a heavy object at least overnight. My experience is that when using water-based glues the laminate will curl no matter how long you keep it pinned down. I rest my case.
You never stop learning. I will try this type of glue (I've never heard about it ).
Old 01-21-2022, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Sorry asettico; I didn't express myself very well; by "spirit-based" I meant "not water-based". A clear contact glue, such as UHU all purpose adhesive, does it for me. As long as you make sure the edges of the piece to be layered are well covered with glue, it doesn't matter much about the central area; a lattice of glue streaks is enough here.

This... is what we find.
Google Adsense
Old 01-21-2022, 05:15 PM

Oh, I see...
I was already looking for some spirit-base, alcohol-based, soul-based, gospel-based glue... nothing, but only something for naval construction, that I considered slightly excessive...

I already have some UHU Twist, that I abandoned, because when set it becomes fragile and some joints can break (actually happened). However, for laminating flat surfaces should work fine.

Really thanks for the hint!
Old 01-22-2022, 05:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
I've considered having a go at this one, but have been put off by the amount of the most expensive liquid in the world it would take to print it out, so I'm pleased to see it come to life here.
I hear you! I was thinking about having a crack at the Canon Christmas Market, but that's a lot of printing. Miniature world (Christmas / market) - Miniature world - Toys - Paper Craft - Canon Creative Park