PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Olympus OM-2

Well.... whilst waiting to get my head back into the Diorama and other bits, i found this model of the Olympus OM-2 camera and 90mm Lens. I used to own the REAL one, and very nice cameras to use. I had a few days just after the hols so basically threw it together to see how good it would turn out, and gave it a USED but not TOO used effect here and there and the objective lens {front} i passed though a laminator to make it shine'ish. When i get chance i will build it again on better stock and build one longer lens. Hope you like it anyway, and sorry for the delays in the WWII Diorama, You can get the model for free here

Olympus OM-2 SLR Camera Papercraft | Papercraft Paradise | PaperCrafts | Paper Models | Card Models
Attached Thumbnails
Olympus OM-2-dscf1311.jpg   Olympus OM-2-dscf1312.jpg   Olympus OM-2-dscf1313.jpg   Olympus OM-2-dscf1317.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That looks pretty awesome Peter! My mom has and old Olympus similar to that.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Like it. Looks like it would probably work better then my cameras right now. Guess I'm going to have to get serious about looking at a digital.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Loved my old OM-2. Saw me through a lot of different countries. Much preferred it to the heavier Nikon. Still have the Olympus, although the shutter's busted.
Nice to see that a paper model can bring back nice memories. Thanks for sharing this one.
Chris
Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwalas View Post
Loved my old OM-2. Saw me through a lot of different countries. Much preferred it to the heavier Nikon. Still have the Olympus, although the shutter's busted.
Nice to see that a paper model can bring back nice memories. Thanks for sharing this one.
Chris
Chris, this camera was one of my all time favourites to use and wish i still had it, if not to use but to look at. In this day of Digital SLR's it makes it very hard to try and justify the running cost of the oldies but goodies - on saying that, you still cant beat them; and the thrill of going into the darkroom and producing your own REAL photographs still calls me to do it all again... if only it wasn't so expensive {chemicals and the like} and that SMELL is still in memory - Good days friend I once owned a very cheep TLR - a LUBITEL, she was so cheap you would laugh, but she had a real glass lens on board which led to surprisingly good pictures, and under certain conditions price for price, out shone those at the TOP end of the market. All the best mate. Link below to the Lubitel

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/...5265122f18.jpg
Google Adsense
Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
That looks just like a real camera. Great work! I've had a couple of Olympus SLRs, including a Pen FT, my first "real" camera. I see that Olympus has a model of a Pen. I need to build it. Now, what to do with my current Olympus SLR. Do they still make film??
Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARX2 View Post
That looks just like a real camera. Great work! I've had a couple of Olympus SLRs, including a Pen FT, my first "real" camera. I see that Olympus has a model of a Pen. I need to build it. Now, what to do with my current Olympus SLR. Do they still make film??
One VERY nice camera the PEN FT - a half frame capable format using 35mm film stock, you can still get film but the process would have to be done at a developer who caters for these kind of exposures. The expense is the factor that stops us doing what we would really love to do again. I used to use Super 8mm Sound Film Cameras too, the running cost these days equates to £20 every 3 minutes of screen time, so once again... one avenue sadly closed for alot of us. There's just something special about the real film, and the mechanics of those cameras - i used Bell and Howell + Elf. Meanwhile back to all things electronic.........