PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Other builds

Old 04-10-2010, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wrebbit Paper Clock and Camera Pics

Well...it says "Make it yourself in 48 hours" on the front of the box...heck it took me 48 hours to read the instructions...all 96 pages.

If there is anyone out there who built this clock in 48 hours...I bow down to you in awe and wonder...it took me a little over 2 years on and off to complete the project which incidentally worked for approximatly 11 minutes before promptly self destructing leaving me with nothing more than an amazing piece of wall art.

The camera on the other hand was reasonably trouble free in it's construction...the paper parts that is...it has a fabric bellows that was nearly impossible to fabricate according to the instructions...however as we all know bulls#$t baffles brains and I did finish it and it does actually take pictures with 35 mm film.

Hope you enjoy the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Wrebbit Paper Clock and Camera Pics-web1.jpg   Wrebbit Paper Clock and Camera Pics-web2.jpg   Wrebbit Paper Clock and Camera Pics-web3.jpg   Wrebbit Paper Clock and Camera Pics-web4.jpg   Wrebbit Paper Clock and Camera Pics-web5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2010, 03:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
I made their Medieval clock so I can comiserate with you.

I guess you could make it in 48 hours...... if you didn't bother to clean up the parts. It was the 4 or5 part cogs that took the time ( excuse the pun!)

There was so much friction it took a ton of lead to make the weigths.

I should congratulate you on getting it to run for 11 minutes - mine never ran - the weights pulled mine appart almost as soon as I lifted it off the table.

Their carousel is very colourful and the music box sounds cute - I'll leave you to guess what the rest was like ;-(
Old 04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Very nicely done. It is a shame that it only worked for so short a period of time, but none the less very nicely done.

What kind of film did you use for the camera, 110, 120 film?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:15 PM

Film Type

It was black and white 35mm 100ASA...it said you could use colour film as well...never did try it.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.47 MB
I too have the Wrebbit wall clock, bellows Camera, and Medievil wall Clock. I did have good luck with my Medievil Wall Clock. The spool that the weights windup on broke on my first attempt after winding. I then reinforced the part that clicks and stops the weights from unwinding with wood. This seems to have done the trick. I have had this clock ticking on the wall for about seven years, although it is high maintinance.

The clock that bispee is talking about I completed the main framing and stopped for a period of time. When I went back to it, I found it had warpt out of shape. So much so that it was not salvagable.

The camera still sits in its box on a shelf in the closet.
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2010, 02:21 AM

Sorry Bisbee, I mispelled your name in my second paragraph above. No offense ment.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:24 AM

And the line above. It's Pisbee. There I got it.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.06 GB
I have the Medievil Wall Clock kit and have lost the instructions. Any idea where I can get a copy or photo of them? I am tempted to wing it but the amount of parts is staggering. I have built aircraft and ships but never a clock. I was really looking forward to this build.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM

I lost those instruction as well!

I was building this clock with my daughter. She got busy I got busy then no manuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyr366 View Post
I have the Medievil Wall Clock kit and have lost the instructions. Any idea where I can get a copy or photo of them? I am tempted to wing it but the amount of parts is staggering. I have built aircraft and ships but never a clock. I was really looking forward to this build.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Hunt for wrebbit medieval clock instructions

I lost whose instruction in some clean up. I wouldn't attempt more than putting the stacked gear sheets together @ my skill level. If anyone can help I would be grateful!
Google Adsense