PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > In Other News

Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Thanks.
I will be waiting for the build report to see how this paper handles during assembly. My previous brush with Wausau Metallic Silver paper was a disaster....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:25 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
My previous brush with Wausau Metallic Silver paper was a disaster....
Uh-oh... is there a thread on this? Something I should know before I attempt the build?
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM

I didn't even get to the build stage as print quality was terrible and totally unusable.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
cModerator

Ah ok, well then this paper doesn't have the same problem. It says right on the pack inkjet and laserjet compatible. The print quality is great, and I just left it on high-quality auto. I'll post back when I get to that build.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMags View Post
But it looks to be the same stuff as:

Pearl White Metallic Card Stock 107# - Paperandmore.com

The stuff online may be a little cooler colored (white pearl vs white gold), but looks about the same. And far cheaper.
cMags,

The Pearl white on the website paperandmore is some serious heavy weight stuff.
105# Cover = approx. 208 gsm or 157.5# Index or 175# Tag.

That will not go through most inkjet printers, that is why I also selected the 80# text paper which is equivalent to 120gsm (lighter than 65# bristol vellum).

I have a wideformat printer that can print on posterboard if needed, don't know if the 105# Cover will go through it.

That is why I'm interested in the wausau metallic you have. Did find a place that has the metalic wausau in 110# Index, wonder if this is what GreMir (Michael) is talking about????

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2012, 04:03 AM

I have the Wausau Royal Metallics Premium paper
- metallic finish on both sides
- 32LB (118 g/m2)
- inkjet, laser, copier
- white silver
- item #46601

What cMags used has to be something different as his printout looks excellent while my attempt was totally unusable.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I ran a print on the silver metallic and it looks pretty goood. As cMags said, you lose thr white in the markings, but everyrhing else looks pretty good. I'm going to do a comparison build between this paper and a sprayed Red River paper copy of the same model.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:23 AM
cModerator

Nice. I also just ordered some samples from paperandmore. Some white metallic paper and card, a sheet of the bronze (figured it would be good for exhausts). Also grabbed a couple of the silver wave sheets as it looked a little shinier/glossier than the pearlescent paper.

Can you post a picture of the printout on the silver paper? I want to see/confirm that I want to return the silver and continue just using the metallic white. I printed another page (Roman's F-104) on the metallic white, and it looks great.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I'll get some pictures this weekend of the print outs pre-build.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
cModerator

Ok so I ordered some samples from paperandmore and got them yesterday. They packaged it nicely, with a strong cardboard backing, and a highlighted note on the front of the envelope saying "please do not bend". Of course, my mail carrier ignored that, folded it in half, and shoved it in my mailbox at the street.

Fortunately the sheets themselves weren't creased, just a couple bends near the edges, which isn't where the printing will be anyway.

The paper seems to be of nice quality. I'm excited about the canvas texture sheets - a good heavy weight, and nice texture. They'll make great sails for my upcoming Mayflower build. The color is a more natural canvas than this yellow lighting shows:

The metallic pages are nice too, but the paper is a bit thin (0.005") and the cardstock thick (0.012") as compared to my 67lb and 110lb card stock at 0.007" and 0.009". The paper will be useful for small parts, such as landing gear etc, and the thick stuff for larger scale fuselage bodies maybe. All-in-all, the finish looks the same as the Wausau, I just wish there was a middle weight available from paperandmore. The copper paper looks like it will make great exhaust pipes, and should last a good long time doing so at 1/72.

Google Adsense