PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet > In Other News

Old 03-15-2024, 04:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 520.55 MB
Card aircraft with IC engine

Plans for a flying model aircraft made from cardboard. Designed for IC engine and control line. Might be of interest to someone...

Oz : Cardboard Cutie plan - free download
Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2024, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice to be reminded of the American Aircraft Modeler magazine.

The editor noted the resemblance to the Lacey M-10. It also looks like the Wittman Buttercup and Nesmith Cougar to my eye - all were favorite peanut scale free flight models since the low aspect ratio high wings guaranteed long stable flights. My Peck Polymers Nesmith Cougar won me my one and only Flying Aces trophy back in the day.

Thanks for this.

Don
Old 03-15-2024, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
I have in my collections all American Aircraft Modeler magazine ever since it was converted from "Air Trails" "Young Men" American Modeler" to finally "American Aircraft Modeler". With this name it was published by Potomac Aviation Publication in Washington DC and its last edition was for March 1975. To me it was THE BEST American model airplane magazine.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 520.55 MB
Nice memories Don, thanks for sharing them. I'm just getting back into stick and tissue after some 30 odd years - there's a bit of re-learning to do!

Modern laser-cut kits are a revelation, much easier than 'hacking' a load of ribs out of a sheet and trying to make them all roughly the same size and shape
Old 03-15-2024, 04:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Try to get the book "Aviation's Greatest Recruiter: E.T. Packard" of Cleveland Models and Supply Co. A wonderful treat on old time balsa scale models from a company that's still in business.
Google Adsense