PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
No pattern is need for the top half of the wing. It is formed by constructing a 4 can sheet as with the lower. A 1/8"-3/16" tab is made and glued to bottom(print side) of wing.

Fold can over wing supports creating a smooth airfoil and apply a bead of glue along trailing edge of wing. If it doesn't lay properly, an iron can be used to remelt the glue.

Once glued in place, using the bottom side of the wing as a template, cut off the top excess.

Do the same on other side. Glue bottom center of fuselage to wing. Prop wing tips up for dihedral angle and glue top of wings to fuselage.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Cool. I would bleed too much.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
Aluminum can modelers have a motto, CT; Its not a good model unless we get cut or glued....

I was actually glued to the fuselage of this model for over half an hour before my wife rescued me with the nail polish remover!:

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Just finished up my C130 build. It has a wingspan of 42" and took a little over 100 cans.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Hi great job I have been cutting can for 12 years and invented a cutter hand held that cuts the top and bottom off in 6 sec. an leaves a very clean edge, it also cuts longways. I have been building RC scale planes out of cans and they fly great, I use wood dies for ribs and formers rolled tubes for joining them, I like contact cement chased with super glue for stringht.Also a ball point pen for scoring.
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 AM

Can Cutter for soda and beer cans

Here are some Pic of cans stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Aluminum Can Planes and Helos-can-cutter-001.jpg   Aluminum Can Planes and Helos-tissue-hell-cat-001.jpg   Aluminum Can Planes and Helos-tissue-hell-cat-009.jpg   Aluminum Can Planes and Helos-airplanes-004.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Those look terrific. The can cutter looks great, that would certainly come in handy. I use a dremel and a wheel. It is fast but I it definitely takes longer than six seconds and the edges need attention. I really like the concept of building flyers. I have several employees that have been bugging me to do it too.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 287.89 MB
it is aluminum after all, it does fly! I just shell them the old fashioned way-with a pair of metal scissors and a good blade. Can do about 200 in just over a couple of hours..

Looking good with the c-130, now you just need to do some detail work, such as clear cockpits and windows to make it look smashing!

I am down for the next 2-3 weeks while I recover from arm surgery, then its on to my next large project complete with interior lighting and moving intake blades....
Old 02-18-2012, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Whoa Had to share the url for this thread with a half-dozen people.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 AM

A good friend of mine asked me to build this for his friend who was an F86 pilot back in the day and a heavy Dr. Pepper drinker these days :drinkers: :lol: . I gotta say this is by far my favorite plane I built. Concept to completion took just under 2 weeks. Can count is right around 40. I am going to build one more in diet pepsi which is mostly aluminum in color. After that, I gotta do a mig being shot up :axe:

Anyway, here are some pics...

Google Adsense