PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 198.27 MB
Glad to hear that your eyesight is improving.

Welcome back.

Ken
Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter 1 View Post
One more shot of it pieced together. I'll have more pix soon. Spent all day on landing gear and sealing the frames for tissue. I',ve been pondering weather or not to make the LG removable for flight or just glue it in? Not looking forward to tissuing it in some places :P Canopy and spinners will need to be molded.

After I finish up the design and get it all documented I'll be sending it to Janx for a re-draw. How many want the plans when done?

G1
I'd be interested when they become available........... looks like it's a beauty.
Thanks,
Swampfox
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Looks like a beautiful model so far. I would love to have the plans just to marvel at the complexity of this design.

Curt
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is terrific, G1!

Seeing those images of your stick and tissue model framework taking shape made my day.

Theoretically, one could print the skins from Will's model on tissue for the covering, but since this airplane was nothing but an assortment of complex compound curves, it would be a challenge.

Don
Old 03-05-2012, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Glad to see you sharing this with the larger world, keeping it under my hat was driving me mad :P
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Some times ya gotta wonder, why do we hide these wonders under tissue?

Hey, you know about this Mike's flying scale model pages ?
Lots of good info there.
Lots of outstanding modeling there.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Would love to have plans for this, it's looking great so far. One of the coolist looking planes ever.....Rich
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Awesome build! Like how you did the engine nacelle/wing spar combo.

Look forward to seeing it done.

Mike
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Thanks for all the comments :D Glad to see so many interested in the plans when done.

Don, Note I did use some of Will's parts (with permission) to speed things along. I used his engine exhausts, spinners, and canopy. The canopy and spinners will make a great mold bases. I think I can even get the cockpit in there. It's a bit tail heavy ATM so such detail would just add to the nose weight. Of course the cockpit will not be on the plans though. The thing I find so rewarding in modeling in different mediums is the cross experience enhancing techniques of each. With such a vast paper model library you have so many ready made parts for balsa models.

Southwestforests, indeed I have seen that site and refer to it often :D He has one of my top favorite planes there to, the Sparrowhawk :D The F-105 Thunderchief as well. I also agree on the covering up the frames seems so wrong at times. Have you ever seen any of the Cleveland models frame work? Should be a crime to cover those up. I found out they still sell plans! Check em out, I got their Martin B-10 and a few others and I can't wait to build one.

Cleveland Model & Supply Co., Inc.—Model Airplane Plans

Didn't get to work on it as much as I would have liked to tonight, being on call sux at times :P I did get to fix the mistakes i made on the landing gear though. I made the main's axel too short as I didnt' take in account for the coverings :P The nose gear's "u" horn was glued on slightly crooked but was an easy fix. Spent so much time yesterday on those they made me sick having to fix. It's those painful mistakes that cause model ADD to set in............that B-17 in the background is calling me :P But no I must finish bat!

In the pix I have the LG in place but not glued. Still not quite sure if I want em on pernament or not. Also have the paper canopy on in 1 shot as well as the port side engine back. It's a removable plug to avoid a motor pin. I wanted to take a shot of it out but batteries died just before I could. The wheels were cut from soft balsa and spun on a dremel. I shaped em with an emery board. My 1st real attempt at it and I'm failry happy with the results. The strut coverings are plastic tubes detailed with paper and card.

I'm actually anxious for other folks give the desing a try and to give feedback on it.

G1
John
Attached Thumbnails
Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03060087.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03060088.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03060089.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03060090.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03060091.jpg  

Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Is this going to be flying model or static display?