PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 01-03-2015, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
here is pics of the boxes of the millennium falcon i am looking to complete my collection
Attached Thumbnails
looking for star wars action figures-photo-1-42-.jpg   looking for star wars action figures-photo-2-42-.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 12:19 PM

anybody have on they willing to part with
Old 01-05-2015, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Don't know your budget, but Walmart has the latest incarnation (or they did last I knew). $60.00 or so, which is odd, because they also have the much smaller, new snap-together kit, for about the same price.

Scott K.
Attached Thumbnails
looking for star wars action figures-_1.jpg   looking for star wars action figures-_57.jpg   looking for star wars action figures-_57aa.jpg  
Old 01-05-2015, 04:16 PM

i have that one it is not compatible with action figures it weighs almost nothing you can hold it in one out stretched hand all the detail along the sides of the hull comes from decals it has two snap on parts the dish and the quad laser turret it really is not worth the 60 dollar price tag more like 25-30 dollars
Old 01-05-2015, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Red face

Hey McHale, I just got this from my kids for Christmas, and it is really a starting point for a modeler to turn into a detailed, painted Millenium Falcon, and it's almost the size of one of the actual FX models used for filming. I'm almost done detailing over the sticker areas with old kit parts and plastic scraps and wires...I'm having a blast with it! It really doesn't have play value as a kids toy though, so you have to wonder what they were thinkin'......
Google Adsense
Old 01-05-2015, 05:09 PM

i know right i think they rushed to get it produced and took short cuts
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Why am I not surprised? Actually, I am a bit. $60, and it's not even a re-release of the original? Look out, SW fans, Disney marketing and merchandising has arrived. Still, I thought it's proportions looked a bit better than the old playset version. Not having access to an unboxed version of either, I wasn't sure if the apparent difference in the new one was just due to photo angles ar some such.

Scott K.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
I think it's fantastic - As a modeler I see it as an opportunity to have a really nice big Falcon-The detail is great - and many fun hours scratchbuilding a cockpit, adding detail, lots of painting......Fun for me, but as a toy, I doubt many kids would really play with it. Have you seen the Hero X-Wing? It's gigantic, does nothing, and is molded with the wings closed. Somebody was really on vacation when they came up with that one!!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 PM

i plan on painting and weathering mine also but i am still in need of one the falcons i posted pics of the boxes to complete my ship collection i would even do a trade the one i have for the one i need
Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 PM

Fwiw, my son (who works at Walmart), tells me the Disney version has been marked down to $45.00 now. Definitely a better deal now for a modeler vs the smaller snap kit.

Mike, do you have any Goodwill or other second-hand stores nearby? Sometimes they show up there. In fact, last week I saw an action figure sized TIE Bomber at one that I didn't even know existed. Almost bought it ($4.00), but it was missing the cockpit hatch, and was just so darned BIG...

Scott K.
Google Adsense