PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 08-06-2015, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 32.35 MB
Trike riders

My wife and I both ride recumbent trikes. I ride a Mad Max Steintrikes with a bit of electric assist for hills. My wife rides a Sun USX trike with a bit of assist too. I'm 70 so hopefully the assist is excusable. We do about 80 miles per week on our local bike trail.
otherDoc
Old 08-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny

Recent picture from my vacation in spain
Old 12-09-2015, 11:47 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
I am an avid (or try to be) mountain biker. I got into building and fixing bikes (imagine that, a model builder likes working with his hands) so my 1:1 scale builds have been taking much of my time as of late. Plus I can sell off the completed builds (they take up too much shelf space ).

Here's a couple of my more recent builds:

2005 Rocky Mountain Element 70 - Just completed - haven't even ridden offroad yet:
https://goo.gl/photos/R4ZLtecxFVXsk6F67

2001 Specialized Enduro FSR - pulled most of the parts from this for the Rocky - will decide which frame I like better:
https://goo.gl/photos/4eXMdp9VMsz9ZotR6

2006 Specialized XC FSR - bike I built for a friend of mine:
https://goo.gl/photos/LPedzjkobfxLuKLc9

1999 Klein Mantra - unique classic from the early full suspension design days, too cool and unique to get rid of:
https://goo.gl/photos/QPKjxXJWoMfcHZhr6

1999 Schwinn Peloton - light steel and carbon fiber road bike I built up to try out the 'dark side' of biking:
https://goo.gl/photos/wkqAkZ8g1zhdGmjM7

I'm also rebuilding a '96 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo as a beater bike and have built and sold dozens of other mountain bikes over the past few years.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 12-09-2015, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
I've built up a "few" road and mountain bikes. now that the kids are off to school i'm just stuck road biking. where we go for off road there is great potential for injury and solo is not the way to go. i've seen a few recumbents and the design is intriguing and concept is cool.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Hey Cmags, you're the closest to a professional that I can get to. I've got a Gary Fisher dunno what model or year 24-speed mountain bike. The rear derailleur exploded on me, so I need to get a new one. What would you recommend?
Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2015, 01:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
Hey Cmags, you're the closest to a professional that I can get to. I've got a Gary Fisher dunno what model or year 24-speed mountain bike. The rear derailleur exploded on me, so I need to get a new one. What would you recommend?
try this link.... Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Cycling Gear: Bike Discounts & Deals from Nashbar

Has best on line pricing for parts I've found. Should be an easy fix once you find the one you want to use.

Mike
Old 12-09-2015, 07:51 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Snap a picture of the rear derailleur. How did it explode? If it took a hit, the hanger, which it bolts to, could be tweaked and impact the shifting.

To replace an 8 speed, you will either need a lower quality new part (they're all 10 or 11 now) or a used one. That said, something like a basic Acera should be fine for a to b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 12-10-2015, 02:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 924.73 MB
Hi all.

I'm in love with bicycles since i can remember... when i was a child a bicycle was my desired xmas present.... never coud be. I started with my mountain bike riding by forest tracks in Barcelona and around... years ago i discovered the pleasure of road bike riding trough vineyards and olive trees landscapes in quite roads of the ancient Tarragona in Spain. Bike is freedom, is healh and good sensations... a folded bike is always in my car...
Old 12-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
My Really Fast Lawn Chair

I've been riding a recumbent trike for about 8 years. It is wonderful for touring. Here's a photo of my TerraTrike Tour all set up for a 3-day ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Any other bicyclists out there?-mytour.jpg  
Old 12-14-2015, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.52 MB
I've started riding again two years ago after about ten years believing that I would never be able to ride again. I love it.

I have an old steel frame roadie 12-speed from the 'seventies, when it was a very nice racing bike. I use it around town, has dual-use pedals and a hard-fixed rack with large baskets. I'm willing to leave it locked up outside, as a thief wouldn't get much for it. My dad helped me get a really nice 2013 Cannondale Synapse last year, when he saw how good cycling on my old Kuwahara was for me. It's wide-tube aluminium frame, 20-speed with brifters. Very sweet ride I always use for out-of-town trips now. Tiny pedals that must be clipped into. Doesn't ever get left alone outside. I've taken it on several 100 mile+ rides, and hope to ride further, faster next year.

Cannot tell you how sweet it is for me.
Google Adsense