PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 08-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
ron, whusley and me

had a great time last night great Mexican food and just a great time with Ron. he's got some wonderful projects going on! it was like meeting your favorite tv show actor or baseball card hero! and whusley was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. a great background as an Illustrator and has some interesting moves going on too. if any of you can get together with your friends here somehow I would recommend it. I could have sat there for hours more just talking and listening to those guys, be-dazzed and absorbing the knowledge and viewpoints of these great artists and wonderful people. THANK YOU so very much for inviting me!! and I want everyone out there to hold your breath and wait for Ron's [not to give it away] sculpture event!
Google Adsense
Old 08-31-2015, 10:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Hey Jim,
It was MY pleasure to meet up with you and Wayne. Two of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! It was truly a memorable evening for me.

I've always admired your designs and Wayne's posts. I hope to meet other forum members in the future, you guys always have the most interesting things going on (my wife would disagree, but what does she know?).

Best Regards,
Old 09-03-2015, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Great to see members of this forum meeting in RL!

Wyvern
Old 09-03-2015, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Blush, blush, geez, I thought the pleasure was all mine since I still consider myself somewhat a beginner to the card model world. Was a great evening and looks like a good time was had by all.

Wayne
Old 09-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Banned

hey ! hows it going?
care to share any details of whats going on with you?
Google Adsense
Old 09-04-2015, 10:06 PM

Had been down so hadn't really posted because (you asked for it) for a bit of a rant and some whining.

As I'd mentioned I was taking Thursday off to give me a 4 day weekend to head out to Tulare and take some more things out there and do some more work on the place. When I walked in that night the stacks of models were gone and the other stuff dumped and gone through. So if anyone starts seeing things like Bedford O trucks and Heller Citroens including the 1/16 DS and Revell of Germany Trabants and AMT 59-62 Ford kits showing up at thrift stores in the Bakersfield-Fresno area let me know. Figure about a 1K for what I'd spend on the stolen stuff, probably double that or more for collector value now. Bunch of British magazines also like The Automobile, Military Machines, Tractors and Machinery at 9-12 dollars apiece for those at Barnes & Noble. Then all my tools I had there, which fortunately was mainly stuff that would be used for painting and not my automotive and mechanical stuff. So instead of doing what I'd planned it was boarding up broken windows and fixing the back fence into the alley that had been kicked in to get access to the yard and dealing with police. What do you mean model car kits, you mean like toy cars?? Yeah toy cars that cost from 50 to 150 dollars apiece. Plus a lot of things I was thinking, like 'are you old enough to shave'. And the post office since the first thing I'd noticed when I had pulled it was the mailbox was open and not even any junk mail in it. Also a bunch of automotive and aircraft books probably another thousand dollars there.

Saturday was to Orange County for the memorial service for Don Drummer (a few of you knew him) who was one my best modeling friends since the early 70s. Really miss him.
Then last week and this week both at work was hell, with a couple of police calls to pull people off the bus, plus just running 20 minutes late the whole days.
Needless to say, right now am distressed, depressed and generally had the wind knocked of the sails. Was going back over there this weekend, but when I got up this morning and trying to get around to take off just was dragging. So told the cat here's an extra bowl of food, to hell with it I'm going back to bed. Did that and this afternoon finally went out and saw the Avengers 2 and then just dinking around the rest of the day. Ok enough of my whining. Returning to your regular programming.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Banned

im so sorry you got ripped off. and that there is some roving bandit targeting your new place. makes me devious and think of booby traps I would set. I hope this week is better, [ tho I know the wound of the thefts will take years to heal] I guess just go with the flow is all you can do. i'm very sorry to hear of your friend passing away. another blow that's just too much to bear. well, keep in touch, I will be around I hope for a while lol. keep hanging in there!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Sorry for the curve ball you were thrown, you did make it through though!

Hope it gets better for you.

Always glad to hear from those I personally know.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:18 AM

Hey Ron,

Yeah I'll muddle through someway. Just have to regroup and replan some.

Spaceagent-9, I thought about setting up a couple of deadfalls or some of the things that can be done with rather simple chemicals from Home Depot; but then I'd be the one in jail for dealing with the scumbag(s).

Anyway things move on.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Sorry to hear about your loss and misfortune Whulsey. Prop 47 really screwed up the legal system here. No one read past the title and voted to make the scumbags free to take anything that isn't nailed down. I'd like to bring back the vigilante committees and hang dirt wads from street lights. Keep an eye out on Craigs list since some of it ends up there when it's been stolen.
Google Adsense