PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make

Old 07-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Writing is very exciting.
I did it as different forms in the past.
When I was a student, I wrote poems, generally sarcastic ones (pamphlets), or love poems (sonnets).
I wrote letters to my friends, with lot of humour and irony, like entertainment sketches.
I also did some short comic strips.
And I wrote a short story : the story of "Carmen" from Mérimée (like in the opera of Georges Bizet), but set in the war of Algiers, and using the typical vocabulary of the "Pieds-Noirs", the european native of Algiers, which has a very colourful form.

I never published anything nor try to do : I prefered send or give to friends.
I know that they always keep my works and I am proud of that.

I shall not give any opinion about your work because the quotes are too short, but there is a lot of details, mainly in the quote of the chapter 8. The topic seems to fit with a novel that I read in the past, called "Earth Abides" from George Ripley Stewart, and that I liked it a lot (I precise that I read it in french, it's easier!).

My opinion ? Carry on.
Even if you are not published for each work, writing is a source of good filling.
When I shall be retired, may be I shall write again.
My current dream is to write some piece of music...or a scenario for a movie. Well it's a dream...but not a nightmare!

Bye!

Thanh Thuy.